For many people, losing weight is an exhaustive, rigorous process. Fortunately, there are many home remedies for weight loss that can make the process of losing weight a bit easier.
There are also a variety of weight loss remedies you can use at home that provide safe and effective results.
Regardless of how much weight you want to lose and how fast you want to lose it, the basic principle of weight loss is always the same: you need to burn more calories than you consume.
An important mathematical equation to keep in your head is that each pound of body fat contains approximately 3,500 calories, so you have to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume over a period of time to lose one pound of body fat.
Personally, I suggest most people try to lose between one and two pounds per week. To me, losing 2 pounds per week is the maximal amount of weight loss a person can maintain.
If you are significantly overweight and eat a very bad diet, you can probably lose much than that at first, but on average, a goal of 2 pounds of weight loss per week is my advice.
What are Home Remedies for Weight Loss?
Now, the next aspect of weight loss is determining how you are going to lose that weight. You want to utilize permanent weight loss solutions so you don’t gain back the weight you lose after a couple of months, but that doesn’t mean you can’t also use some safe, effective quick weight loss home remedies.
An effective weight loss strategy includes a comprehensive overview of nutritional requirements, food intake, physical activity, and lifestyle factors, but I’m not going to discuss many of these topics in this article. If you would like me to help you with a full-scale weight loss plan, feel free to check out my online fitness coaching service.
In this article, my goal is to provide you simple, actionable home remedies for weight loss that you can use to lose weight faster. So, keep reading below to see my favorite simple home remedies for weight loss that I am confident will help you on your weight loss journey and get the aesthetic body you have always wanted!
The Top 7 at Home Weight Loss Remedies
The main advantage of using the home weight loss remedies in this article is that you can fit them into your life without making drastic changes.
With that being said, here are the best weight loss remedies for home, in my opinion:
Drink These Weight Loss Drinks:
Did you expect to see “slimming tea” on this list of best home weight loss remedies? Well, you’re seeing them!
However, they’re not “those” slimming teas that you see marketed on Instagram.
If you want to lose weight fast with home remedies, there are many natural drinks that can boost your metabolism, increase fat oxidation, and make weight loss easier.
Here are the best drinks for fast weight loss at home:
You don’t need to purchase an expensive slimming tea because drinking simple, pure green tea is one of the best ways to lose weight fast.
According to a study published by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content per se. The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both.”
Furthermore, according to a study on the effects of drinking matcha tea for weight loss in females that was published in the Human Kinetics Journal,
“Matcha resulted in lower respiratory exchange ratio and enhanced fat oxidation during a 30-min brisk walk. Matcha green tea drinking can enhance exercise-induced fat oxidation in females.”
Green tea contains about 25-40mg of caffeine per serving, and many people can drink four to five cups of green tea per day. However, you should judge your tolerance by increasing your green tea consumption slowly.
If you would like to drink green tea for weight loss, my favorite green tea brand is MatchaDNA:
- 100 NATURAL TEABAGS 🍵 Great Value with 100 tea bags in each box, you can order for the whole...
- BEST TASTE & HIGHEST QUALITY 🍵 Always fresh and clean. Delivered monthly from farm direct
- FARM TO TABLE 🍵 SUSTAINABLY PRODUCED IN SMALL BATCHES: The MatchaDNA (R) matcha green teas are...
- LAB TESTED FOR PURITY 🍵 Each batch of Matcha tea is lab tested for purity including for lead and...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE 🍵 We stand behind our products and offer you a 100% Money Back...
Yerba Mate Tea
Yerba mate tea is higher in caffeine than green tea and it is also great for weight loss. According to a study published by the Korean Association for Laboratory Animal Science,
“Our data from in vivo studies revealed that Yerba Mate treatment affects food intake, resulting in higher energy expenditure, likely as a result of higher basal metabolism in Yerba Mate-treated mice. Furthermore, in vivo effects of Yerba Mate on lipid metabolism included reductions in serum cholesterol, serum triglycerides, and glucose concentrations in mice that were fed a high fat diet. In conclusion, Yerba Mate can potentially be used to treat obesity and diabetes.”
Yerba mate contains about 85mg of caffeine per cup, so you should be cautious about consuming too much. However, I certainly believe it is one of the best home weight loss remedies.
If you would like to try yerba mate tea for weight loss, Guayaki Traditional Yerba Mate is the brand I drink:
- Item Package Length: 7.112cm
- Item Package Width: 9.652cm
- Item Package Height: 31.496cm
- Item Package Weight: 0.499kg
Although these other teas are great, oolong tea might be the best weight loss tea. Several research studies have proven that oolong tea is great for weight loss. For example, according to a study published by the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine,
“Oolong tea could decrease body fat content and reduce body weight through improving lipid metabolism. Chronic consumption of oolong tea may prevent against obesity.”
If you are interested in trying oolong tea to help you lose weight, VAHDAM, Himalayan Oolong Tea is a great option:
- 100 % REAL INGREDIENTS - Each tea bag contains 100% pure & unblended, high grown Oolong Tea....
- 100 FULL-LEAF PYRAMID TEA BAGS - Gone are the days of paper tea bags that tear up in the brew. 1 box...
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL LOVE - People from over a 100 countries love our diverse yet versatile range of...
- WE CARE FOR PEOPLE & PLANET - We are now a proudly certified Carbon-Neutral & a Plastic-Neutral...
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE- TRULY - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest...
Coffee and Espresso
Although you might not believe so because you already drink coffee or espresso frequently, coffee and espresso are both excellent weight loss remedies.
According to a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“A second such study found that both caffeine and coffee intakes were modestly and inversely associated with weight gain. It is possible that caffeine and other constituents of coffee, such as chlorogenic acid and quinides, are involved in causing weight loss.”
However, it is very important that you do not add too many, or any, sweeteners or flavorings to your coffee.
If you would like to add a sweetener to your coffee, my suggestion is maple syrup. Maple syrup is sweet, tastes great in coffee, and contains valuable micronutrients which keep your body healthy.
Another option is to drink bulletproof coffee. Bulletproof coffee is a better option than adding sugar and sweeteners to your coffee, although it also can be very high calorie.
- 70% LESS ACID: Puroast low acid coffee is perfect for every coffee lover, especially those with...
- 7X HIGHER ANTIOXIDANTS: It turns out there is a connection between antioxidant levels and how coffee...
- PURE TO THE POUR: From our humble origins in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, Puroast's secret...
- FEEL BETTER, NEVER BITTER: Take on the daily grind with a smooth, aromatic cup of coffee that tastes...
- QUALITY IN EVERY CUP: Not all coffee is created equal. Our high elevation grown coffee beans are...
Apple Cider Vinegar
Although there haven’t been well-constructed research studies that prove apple cider vinegar is good for weight loss, I personally believe drinking apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural fat burners and best weight loss hacks.
A study done on rats concluded that drinking apple cider is good for weight loss, reducing cholesterol, and reducing blood sugar (Bouderbala et al, 2016).
You can drink apple cider vinegar in the morning or at night, but I don’t suggest you drink apple cider vinegar in the middle of your day. I believe the ACV has more positive effects and is gentler on my stomach when I drink it before my first meal of the day or after my last snack of the night.
If you want to have the perception of losing weight overnight and waking up with a flatter stomach, drinking ACV before bed can help with this.
A favorite combination of mine is turmeric and apple cider vinegar because turmeric is good for weight loss, reduces inflammation, and promotes overall health as well.
If you’d like to try apple cider vinegar, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is the brand I use:
- BRAGG APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: The Bragg ACV Vinegar is made from organically grown apples, and offers...
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: The Bragg ACV is raw, unfiltered, and crafted from organically grown apples. It...
- MOTHER OF VINEGAR: The ‘Mother’ consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria...
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR HEALTH BENEFITS: Drinking a daily dose of Bragg Organic ACV offers many health...
- The Bragg Difference: A diet rich in organic fruits and veggies is essential to vibrant health. Our...
Consider Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a diet plan that is aimed at easy ways to lose weight, which makes it one of the best ways to lose weight fast at home.
Intermittent fasting (also known as time-restricted feeding), involves moderate periods of fasting (usually 14-18 hours), and shorter “feeding” hours per day.
There are many health benefits of intermittent fasting, and improved body composition and weight loss are just two of them. Intermittent fasting has also shown to improve insulin sensitivity, lower blood pressure, and reduce oxidative stress, which also makes further weight loss even easier (Sutton et al, 2020).
I have been doing intermittent fasting for over a decade and it has helped me increase my lean muscle mass while maintaining and even reducing body fat.
If you want to lose weight fast at home, intermittent fasting is one of my favorite tips.
Make Your First Meal Low-GI and High Nutrients
Although I don’t want to give too much general dietary advice in this article about how to lose weight fast at home, I have to recommend that you make your first meal or snack of the day low glycemic index (low-GI) and nutrient-dense (high nutrient).
The reason that I add this dietary tip as one of the best weight loss remedies at home is that consuming a high glycemic index food at the start of the day will put you on a “blood sugar rollercoaster” that leads to increased eating, and a lower overall chance of weight loss.
The glycemic index of a food is the relationship between a food and how much it raises your blood sugar. Foods that are high in sugar or simple carbohydrates or generally higher in glycemic index, while foods that have more healthy dietary fat, protein, and complex carbohydrates are generally lower glycemic index.
If you eat breakfast at a traditional time, eating a healthy metabolism boosting breakfast includes foods such as:
- Peanut Butter
- Whole Grain Cereal or Bread
- Grass-fed Eggs
Personally, my favorite way to start the day is by making a smoothie that contains, fruits, vegetables, and healthy oils.
A few of my favorite ingredients for my morning smoothies are:
- Almond Milk
- Kale and Spinach
- Peanut Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Wheat Germ
- Flaxseed Oil
- Olive Oil
- Cinnamon, Turmeric, and Ginger Powder
Along with these ingredients, I also usually add vegan protein powder and some superfood powders.
My favorite brand for superfood powders is Your Super. You can read my Your Super Review to learn more about their products, and try the Your Super starter pack:
- SUPERFOOD STARTER PACK: 7 of our most popular organic superfood mixes- Skinny Protein, Super Green,...
- FULL BODY SPECTRUM: Each mix focuses on a different long-term health goal which includes: muscle...
- POWERFUL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Naturally dried ingredients to preserve all micronutrients; tested by...
- NO SWEETENERS OR FILLERS EVER: No stevia, thickeners or artificial flavoring – Made with 6...
- EASY TO USE: Comes with 1 portion of each featured mix. Simply blend the powder with your favorite...
Regardless, if you are consuming nutrient-dense foods for your first meal of the day, you will have a greater chance of losing weight because you will not start the day on the “blood sugar rollercoaster.”
Try Black Seed Oil
If you want to lose weight at home, one of the simplest things you can do is add black seed oil to your daily routine. Black seed oil is a healthy oil that can promote weight loss just by taking one or two tablespoons per day.
As stated by a study that was published in Complementary Therapies in Medicine,
“We find a significant effect of Nigella Sativa supplementation on Body Weight (BW) and Body Mass Index (BMI) in adults.”
You could use black seed oil pills, but I prefer to drink cold-pressed black seed oil instead.
If you’d like to try black seed oil for weight loss at home, the brand I usually buy is Kiva Organic Black Seed Oil:
- Premium Quality: Our cold pressed black seed oil- made from Turkish Nigella Sativa seeds and are...
- Powerful Immune Support: Black seed oil contains powerful antioxidants - Thymoquinone (TQ) and...
- Heart Health: Powerful omega 3, 6, 9; essential fatty acids, vitamins, and trace minerals to support...
- Radiant Skin & Hair: Rich source of essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants provide...
- Joint & Digestive Support: Powerful anti-inflammatory properties to help support joint comfort and...
Try One of these Supplements
If we are talking about the best home weight loss remedies, there are a few supplements that we can’t leave off the list. Here are a few supplements that can assist with fast weight loss that you might want to try:
If we are talking about quick weight loss remedies at home, there is no way we can skip over CLA supplements. CLA is found in a variety of nutritional sources, and it is a type of fatty acid that can promote a faster metabolism and better fat oxidation, making it a perfect remedy for fat loss.
According to a study that was published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“Mixed isomer CLA supplementation, but not placebo, positively altered fat oxidation and energy expenditure during sleep.”
To get the most benefits out of CLA supplements, you simply should take 3-4 grams of CLA per day at three different times.
If you would like to use a CLA supplement, I suggest you use Sports Research Max Potency CLA:
- Delivering 95% active CLA per liquid softgel
- Derived from non-GMO safflower oil
- Non-stimulating formula, no jittery side effects
- 3rd-party tested to ensure outstanding quality
- 90-day satisfaction guarantee^
L-Carnitine is another one of the most well-known weight loss supplements, although the research is not conclusive for whether or not L-carnitine can promote weight loss on its own without exercise.
However, if you are trying to lose weight fast at home, it might be worth a try for you.
L-carnitine is an amino acid that is involved with energy metabolism, and it plays a role in multiple parts of the weight loss process. The normal dosage of L-Carnitine is 500mg to 1g of L-carnitine a day.
If you would like to try L-Carnitine for weight loss, I suggest Dr. Martin’s L-Carnitine:
- ENERGY & FOCUS: L-Carnitine plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty...
- COGNITIVE FUNCTION: L-Carnitine is known to help Reduce Cognitive Fatigue. It enhances mental focus...
- ANTI-OXIDANT & CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH: Burns Transports Fatty Acids to support your Cardiovascular...
- EXTRA STRONG CAPSULE: Dr. Martin’s provides a massive 200 Capsule with each capsule size of 500mg...
- TRUSTED - Buy NOW with Complete Confidence that Dr Martin's Nutrition L Carnitine will boost your...
Although you might be looking for home remedies for weight loss that don’t require much effort, you aren’t going to get very far with your weight loss goals if you don’t exercise at all.
However, exercising doesn’t have to be a grueling task.
The type of exercise you choose to do depends on your goals.
Walking is a great form of exercise for weight loss because it is simple and effective, and you can easily do it around your neighborhood at home. A simple suggestion is to start your morning with a 30-minute fasted walk.
However, if you have more significant goals for your body, I suggest you set up a small home gym.
If you aren’t a fan of home exercise machines, you can lose weight at home by purchasing just a few kettlebells and using them to do HIIT or other strength training programs at home.
Kettlebells are great because you can use them for a wide variety of kettlebell exercises at home, and they are relatively affordable compared to purchasing home exercise machines.
Personally, I own a variety of Yes4All kettlebells like these:
- HIGH-QUALITY CAST IRON CONSTRUCTION: Built to last of solid cast iron with no welds, weak spots, or...
- DURABLE VINYL COATED FINISH: Encased with vinyl to prevent corrosion, increase durability, reduce...
- WIDE, SMOOTH HANDLE: Smooth, high-quality slightly textured handle provides a comfortable & secure...
- FLAT BOTTOM FOR STABILITY: Enable upright storage, ideal for renegade rows, handstands, mounted...
- IDEAL FOR ANY AGE OR GENDER: Wide range of weights ideal for anyone wanting to improve fitness. Used...
Give DIY Coolsculpting a Try
DIY Coolsculpting at home is a true home remedy for weight loss because it can help you remove fat from your body on its own.
Coolsculpting (otherwise known as cryolipolysis) freezes body fat off your body, and it is one of the better ways to “spot-reduce” fat.
However, you should not rely on coolsculpting as the only method you use to lose weight. Coolsculpting at home is a cost-effective way to do coolsculpting procedures, although the benefits might not be as significant or as rapid.
However, you can use DIY coolsculpting to help you lose a few pounds in some specific areas of your body if you need it!
If you want to try coolsculpting at home, I believe this is the best DIY coolsculpting machine:
- Reduce the appearance of fat with our patent-pending tummy wrap waist trainer
- Target stubborn areas with dual-action gel packs that focus on lingering surface fat
- Save money with a cold-isolation system that’s more affordable than many alternatives
- Pair with a healthy lifestyle to supercharge your weight loss regimen and boost your fat burning
- Wear anytime, while you work, do chores, or as an after workout waist trainer for women
Concluding Thoughts – Simple Home Remedies for Weight Loss
As you can see, there are many natural ways to lose weight that you can do at home.
There are tons of changes you can make in your life to lose weight fast, but these are a few of the best home remedies for weight loss.
Remember, you want to stay positive with yourself during this journey! If you don’t believe you can lose the amount of weight you want to lose, it won’t happen. If you need some inspiration, the best examples that weight loss is possible are those people that no one believed will ever lose any weight.
For example, take a look at Melissa McCarthy.
She was always above the average weight of a woman her size and age. We were all used to seeing her wearing large clothes because she was truthfully very big. Also, she never even looked like she had a problem with her weight.
Yet, she managed to lose a lot of weight and amaze us all! How did she do it? Well, Melissa McCarthy ended up sharing her weight loss secret on the Internet and turning into a great example for all of those that stop believing that they can succeed.
If you use these simple home weight loss remedies, I am confident you will notice losing weight is not nearly as difficult as you thought it was!
Read Next: Best Weight Loss Hacks