If you have not heard of oolong tea before, you are missing out on many incredible health benefits. Oolong tea is specifically effective for weight loss, but it is beneficial in many other ways as well!
Reading this article will help you discover this magical weight loss tea, and all of its other glorified benefits!
As many people already know, what you drink can play a vital role in your effort to lose weight. While some drinks help you lose weight, others can make your weight loss efforts less effective by adding excess calories to your daily diet.
Just like green tea and black tea, oolong tea (wu-long tea, or brown tea) also comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant. It can easily be identified as a potent weight loss tea that helps you to lose weight fast, block fat-building enzymes in the body, and speed up your metabolism.
Aside from its well-known weight loss benefits, there is much more that you should know about this tea as well!
Oolong tea benefits are truly something incredible!
The Camellia Sinensis plant is the same plant from which green tea and black tea is made, and oolong has benefits that equal or surpass the other variety of teas cultivated from the plant.
Although oolong isn’t consistently drank in Western culture yet, you can easily buy high quality oolong tea from Amazon for a reasonable price!
I didn’t know much about this tea until I lived in Kazakhstan for a few months. After living in Asia for just a short time, i quickly learned more about the benefits of this tea than I ever would have!
Don’t believe me?
Order your own online, and start enjoying the benefits of oolong soon!
Want to know more about why you should invest in this tea?
Keep reading below!
What is Oolong Tea?
Oolong tea is a partially oxidized green tea, and it is essentially in between black tea and green tea in terms of caffeine content, and other benefits. It is a uniquely valuable tea, but little known to the Western world.
The taste of oolong tea varies from fruity and sweet, to earthy and thick.
My favorite taste of this tea is classified as “milky oolong.” It does not contain milk at all, but it does have a pleasantly creamy aspect to it.
This gift from nature is packed with antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals, folic acid, niacin, and detoxifying alkaloids.
Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
Oolong tea is associated with weight loss for many reasons.
There is tons of anecdotal evidence for this tea to be named the king of weight loss teas, and there is clinical proof as well!
The first reason that this tea has been proven to be so effective for accelerating weight loss efforts is because the activity of polyphenol compounds that are present in oolong tea are effective in controlling the body’s metabolism, by activating certain enzymes that trigger the functions of the fat cells found in the body.
The consumption of just two cups of oolong tea every day can greatly reduce obesity, by activating this process.
Based on research findings, oolong tea is a legitimate way to help lose body weight, and lower your personal fat index.
For someone who has never drank a powerful tea such as oolong tea before, this can be an excellent and easy way to breakthrough plateaus in your body. Oolong has many unique properties you cannot find anywhere else.
Of all the amazing benefits of oolong tea, the most incredible benefit has to be that the active components in oolong tea make the fat in your body work for you, rather than against you.
In 2014, an animal study published in The Journal of Nutrition reported that polyphenols obtained from green, oolong or black tea helped to increase fat and weight loss, even with a high-sugar diet.
One of the polyphenols known as “catechins” has been shown to prevent your metabolism from slowing down while you lose weight, an effect with negates the stalling of weight loss that occurs naturally.
As stated in a review article that was published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2013, this effect makes it slightly easier to keep losing weight, and maintain the weight loss.
Furthermore, in a study that published in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine in February 2009, the consumption of oolong tea for six weeks assisted participants in decreasing both their body fat, and overall weight. As stated by the study,
“Oolong tea could decrease body fat content and reduce body weight through improving lipid metabolism. Chronic consumption of oolong tea may prevent against obesity.”
By simply drinking oolong tea instead of other beverages, you will be able to nearly double your average amount of body fat burned!
Apart from yerba mate tea, oolong tea is probably the overall best tea for burning fat!
Additional Oolong Tea Health Benefits
Apart from the remarkable effects of oolong tea for weight loss, oolong has other health benefits that will benefit your body as well!
Want to learn more about why you should be drinking this tea every day?
Keep on reading!
Oolong for Management of Diabetes
Amazingly, the oolong tea benefits include helping to cure and manage diabetes.
One of the main reasons for unhealthy food cravings is unbalanced sugar levels in the body, which results in further weight gain and an increased risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
As an herbal remedy, oolong tea can be effectively used for treating type-2 diabetes in combination with supplementary drugs.
According to a study published in Diabetes Care,
“Oolong tea may be an effective adjunct to oral hypoglycemic agents in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.”
Oolong tea regulates blood sugar and insulin levels, and stops the sudden dips or spikes in blood sugar which can be extremely dangerous and harmful to diabetic patients.
Oolong tea also possesses strong antioxidants that do wonders for metabolizing blood sugar. It is recommended that you drink a few cups of oolong tea throughout the day to prevent cravings in the evening, and late night food cravings.
This is a much more natural solution than many other diabetes treatments. Especially for people dealing with Type-2 Diabetes, oolong can be a great help!
Drinking Oolong Tea Enhances a Healthy Heart
There are several ways that this tea improves cardiovascular health; as not only does it reduce the blood concentration of triglycerides, but it also lowers the overall level of cholesterol in the blood.
The regular consumption of oolong tea helps to increase the level of plasma adiponectin in the blood, and it is known that low levels of plasma adiponectin are associated with coronary artery disease (CAD), type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
Oolong tea also helps to hinder the progression of atherosclerosis in patients who have coronary artery disease, which makes oolong tea one of the effective home remedies for heart health.
Oolong Tea Benefits for Brain Function
Oolong tea is packed with caffeine, which assists in revitalizing your mental alertness and enhancing your performance.
It is important to note that people with a caffeine sensitivity need to limit their intake of oolong tea, and only enjoy lightly steeped tea just once per day.
Personally, I feel more energized from drinking oolong throughout my day rather than coffee! I love coffee, and it is tough for me to say this.
However, this tea is seriously that good!
In traditional Asian philosophy, tea and coffee are completely different forms of energy. Everyone has a different body, but the gentle internal energy of oolong tea does much more for me than coffee does.
Try it yourself, you might have just found your new best-morning-friend!
Oolong Tea Benefits for Healthy Skin
Drinking oolong tea is an effective way to clear your skin naturally. Tea helps to treat different kinds of skin diseases like eczema, and atopic dermatitis which are caused due to allergic reactions which cause the skin to become inflamed, flaky and itchy.
The antioxidants which possess these healing properties help to cure allergies, and fight damage that is caused by free radicals.
The intake of daily oolong consumption will ultimately help to make the skin vibrant, youthful, and slows down the skin aging process.
Helps to Reduce Stress
We experience stressful events daily, and “stress” is a natural response to the tense and difficult situations that we encounter so often.
However, chronic stress can assume a serious dimension and affect our overall health.
Having an effective strategy to help manage and control daily stress in our lives is important.
Apart from some of the known ways of dealing with stress such as relaxation techniques, what you eat and drink can also help to deal with stress effectively.
Research indicates that the consumption of oolong tea helps in the improvement of stress levels by about 10-18 percent. The polyphenols found in oolong tea work as potent stress-busters.
Additionally, the L-theanine and amino acids that are found in the tea leaves stop L-glutamic acid from reaching the glutamate receptors found in the brain, which is one of the major causes of neuron excitement that causes stress responses.
The Best Oolong Tea for Weight Loss
If you are looking for the best oolong tea for weight loss, you should find the best quality oolong tea with the most polyphenols and antioxidants.
If you are looking for the best oolong tea for weight loss in a tea bag (which you don’t need a tea diffuser for), I suggest this product:
- INTRODUCING THE BETTER OOLONG TEA BAGS - Discover the superiority of a garden fresh OOLONG TEA LEAVES with the convenience of the VAHDAM Single Serve Pyramid Tea Bags. Each serving is packaged in a pyramid-shaped nylon tea bag, individually enveloped & sealed at source to ensure you get the freshest cup of tea. Truly worthy of tea bags prime pantry and tea bag holder! Brew as hot tea, iced tea or Kombucha tea. Discover a NEW WORLD OF TEA.
- 30 HIMALAYAN OOLONG TEA BAGS - A delicious loose leaf Oolong tea handpicked from high elevation tea estates in the Himalayas. A semi-fermented best Oolong Tea with a fine character. Refreshing, healthy & delectable. Serve without milk, hot or as an iced tea. Preparation - 1 Tea Bag | 180ml | 4-5 mins. Our Oolong tea leaves make for best loose leaf oolong tea. Vahdam Teas Oolong are very different from Rishi Tea Oolong, Dragon Oolong Tea among other oolong tea bags.
- A BRAND WITH A BILLION DREAMS - Established in India by a 26-year-old, 4th generation Tea entrepreneur, Vahdam Teas is an award-winning, vertically integrated tea brand that door delivers the world's freshest tea leaves to over 83 countries, sourced directly from India's choicest tea gardens. The tea industry is one of the largest employers of manual labor in India. A successful home-grown brand helps empower millions of these tea workers in the long run.
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE- TRULY - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest cup of tea and our farmers get a better price for their produce. 1% of our revenue is redirected towards the education of our tea growers' children. Our farmers, like any other parent, wish for their progeny to have a better life than them. We at Vahdam Teas with our social initiative, TEAch Me, simply wish to honor this aspiration.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - 100% MONEYBACK GUARANTEE - If you don't like the tea, we will issue a 100% REFUND immediately. No Questions Asked.
If you have a tea diffuser and are looking for the best loose-leaf oolong tea for weight loss, I suggest:
- BUTTERY SMOOTH FLAVOR - Our specially curated Oolong is grown on an organic friendly farm nestled in the mountains of the Fujian Province in China. Oolong teas are known for having a variety of flavors that are specific to the individual farm and region where they're grown. We've specially selected an Oolong that is particularly smooth and creamy with an almost butter like finish. Unlike other Oolongs, ours stands on its own and doesn't need any chemical "enhancers" to make it better.
- PREMIUM FRESH SEAL TIN - Each high quality fresh seal tin helps your tea stay fresh and sensually aromatic for months on end. The beautiful and classy brushed steel texture looks great on your shelf and helps make these a perfect gift for new tea drinkers or established connoisseurs. Many customer's report that they like to include a tin or two as part of high quality gift baskets. You can always reuse the tin once you finish all 40 perfect portions.
- WEIGHT LOSS & DETOX TEA OF CHOICE - All of Golden Moon's premium teas are good for the soul and taste great, but our Oolong loose leaf is also good for your waistline. Oolong's are known to promote weight loss by speeding up your metabolism and helping the fat burning process in your body. Since we don't add artificial sweeteners or flavorings each serving is 0 calorie if you drink it fresh brewed with no milk or sugar...even with milk or sugar it’s a low calorie delight in every cup.
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Our Black Dragon Oolong teas are USDA organic which means they're free from pesticides, toxins and chemical additives. We independently test all our teas to ensure they pass our rigorous quality standards. Each tin of fresh oolong loose leaf tea is also a gluten free, vegan, and an environmentally friendly product. Enjoy a safe and healthy cup of tea just as nature intended.
- FRESHNESS GUARANTEE: We only pick our teas during their natural growing seasons while they're at peak freshness and taste. Our full leaf harvesting method maintains each leaf's natural essential oils, so they retain their full flavor and fresh picked aromas, even after brewing. We're so confident in our teas freshness that we have a Full 90 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee on every single tea we make...Go ahead and Order Yours Risk Free Today.
Concluding Thoughts – Oolong Tea for Weight Loss & Other Benefits
Oolong tea can be a great addition to the daily diet of almost anyone, regardless of whether your overall goal is simply to lose weight.
Oolong tea is full of antioxidants, a moderate amount of caffeine, and unique benefits to help you live a longer and healthier life. Combining the oolong tea benefits with daily exercise and a consistent diet is a potent combination to building a healthy and aesthetically pleasing body!