Is drinking coffee good for weight loss? Yes! Absolutely!
Not only is drinking coffee a healthy way to give yourself a jolt of energy but drinking coffee can certainly help you lose weight as well.
However, you are going to want to drink black coffee for weight loss, primarily. Added sweeteners or sugar will corrupt your weight loss goals, so try not to add them to your coffee as much as possible!
If you want to lose weight by drinking coffee, you must remember the main aspect of weight loss: you must burn more calories per day than you consume. Drinking coffee can help you lose weight by increasing your productivity, stimulating your metabolism, and promoting your overall health.
Want to learn more about why you should drink coffee for weight loss, and see which is the best weight loss coffee you should buy (in my opinion)?
Keep reading below!
Why Should You Drink Coffee for Weight Loss?
We all know that you’re here to learn why you should drink coffee to help you lose weight. However, the answer isn’t as simple as saying, “coffee helps you lose weight.”
Unlike other weight loss products, drinking coffee is actually beneficial for your health.
In fact, I am normally against stimulants and thermogenic fat burners. However, since coffee is a “natural fat burner” or “natural stimulant,” it is okay with me.
Unlike other fat burners, coffee can improve your health in a variety of ways, and there is a large amount of academic research that supports that claim.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of coffee, which are why you should choose to drink coffee to lose weight:
Antioxidants in Coffee
According to a study from the American Chemical Society, coffee is the number one source of antioxidants in America.
Many people probably have heard about the benefits of antioxidants before, but do you know exactly what they do?
Antioxidants provide our bodies with many benefits, especially when it comes to losing weight and lowering our risk for a variety of different diseases.
Antioxidants protect our bodies from free radical molecules. Free radical molecules are collected in the body from normal body processes, as well as UV-radiation, air pollution, tobacco smoke, and a variety of other environmental factors. These free radical molecules contain one or more unpaired electrons, which are unstable and highly reactive. To become a stable molecule, these free radicals must find a “donor” molecule, to obtain an electron from.
In the body, antioxidants neutralize free radical cells by donating an electron molecule, but they remain stable because of their own unique composition. Without antioxidants, free radical cells will “steal” electron molecules from other sources within the body, which creates a chain of negative reactions that cause a variety of health issues.
Without enough antioxidants in your diet, your body will wear out.
Coffee is a great source of these vital antioxidants that protect your body from diseases and degeneration!
Coffee Increases Your Energy Levels
If you have a problem waking up in the morning even after you’ve left your bed and dragged your sleepy body to the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee might be more helpful than you’ve hoped.
One cup of black coffee will help you clear your mind, focus on your tasks and forget about wanting to fall back asleep.
A morning cup of coffee can immediately increase your energy level and boost your concentration!
Coffee is beneficial for increasing your energy because your bloodstream absorbs caffeine directly from it, and pushes it forward to your brain.
This increase in energy is also one of the main reasons coffee is great for weight loss.
Specifically, consuming a cup of coffee before a workout can help you exercise more intensely and burn more calories!
According to a study published in Metabolism, Endurance and Performance,
“Caffeine does not improve maximal oxygen capacity directly, but could permit the athlete to train at a greater power output and/or to train longer. It has also been shown to increase speed and/or power output in simulated race conditions. These effects have been found in activities that last as little as 60 seconds or as long as 2 hours.”
Coffee Helps You Control Your Appetite
Not only does drinking coffee increase your daily energy and metabolism, but it can also suppress your appetite and help you maintain a proper calorie deficit for weight loss.
According to a study published in Obesity – A Research Journal,
“A moderate coffee amount can effectively reduce energy intake in the following meal and in the total day compared to lower or no coffee intake in overweight/obese participants.”
Regardless of nearly all other factors, the main concept of weight loss is calories in vs calories out. No matter how much you exercise or how much coffee you drink, if you are consuming more calories than you burn per day, you will continue to gain weight.
Coffee is an excellent option for weight loss because it will help you feel satiated longer, and you will not desire to eat as often.
You shouldn’t replace your breakfast or lunch with coffee, but drinking it when you’re feeling an urge to eat something unhealthy can be beneficial in the long run.
Coffee Helps You Burn Fat Efficiently
If you’re serious about losing weight, drinking coffee might be more beneficial than you’ve ever imagined!
According to a study published in Metabolism,
“Significant elevations in Free Fatty Acids (FFA) were observed after coffee and caffeine which usually reached their peak in 3 or 4 hours.”
Caffeine is the base of most commercial supplements for burning fat, and it is a key ingredient in many weight loss products.
Coffee is one of the best natural fat burners on the planet because caffeine boosts your metabolic rate and enables you to oxidize fat more efficiently (especially while training). Coffee is also a natural product, unlike synthetic weight loss supplements, and will not have as wide a variety of side effects.
Coffee Will Help You Maintain Your Weight Loss
One of the most significant problems with many weight loss efforts is that the weight loss is not permanent, and you end up gaining even more weight once you finish the restrictive dieting or weight loss program. However, drinking coffee for weight loss is a different approach, and research has indicated that drinking coffee is related to sustained weight loss!
One of the reasons coffee is great for losing weight is because it fits well within most people’s lifestyles, and probably even is already a part of yours!
According to a study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“Weight loss maintainers reported a significantly higher consumption of coffee and caffeinated beverages compared with the general population. According to the literature, caffeine, as well as other compounds of coffee (chlorogenic acids and mannooligosaccharides), has several important metabolic effects that might explain our results.”
What is the Best Weight Loss Coffee?
If you want to experience all the benefits of coffee for weight loss, you need to drink organic coffee only. Honestly, there is no other solution.
There are a variety of organic coffees that could be considered the best coffee for weight loss or the best slimming coffee, but the primary key is to choose an organic coffee.
I do have a cup of coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts when I am traveling, but it only happens rarely.
There are a lot of reasons why organic coffee is a better slimming coffee than non-organic coffee. Additionally, drinking organic coffee is better for the world and the environment.
“Conventional” coffee beans are treated with more heavy chemicals than nearly any other food on the planet, which is the primary reason you should not use them. Conventional coffee beans are soaked in synthetic fertilizers and much more!
If you drink from Starbucks or other low-quality coffee places, you are going to be ingesting way too many chemicals!
On the other hand, organic coffee beans are grown in natural conditions and retain much more nutritional value. These beans have much more antioxidants, and the taste is much more enjoyable.
If you purchase organic coffee beans to help you lose weight, you are on the right track!
Puroast Low Acid Coffee
Personally, I believe the best weight loss coffee is Puroast Low Acid Coffee.
- 70 LESS ACID: Our low acid coffee is perfect for all coffee lovers, especially those with heartburn,...
- 7X HIGHER ANTIOXIDANTS: It turns out there is a connection between antioxidant levels and how coffee...
- PURE TO THE POUR: From our humble origins in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, Puroast's secret...
- FEEL BETTER, NEVER BITTER: Take on the daily grind with a smooth, aromatic cup of coffee that tastes...
- QUALITY IN EVERY CUP: Not all coffee is created equal. Our high elevation grown coffee beans are...
Not only is Puroast Low Acid Coffee an organic coffee, but it also contains more antioxidants than other coffee, which is why it will help you with losing weight more than other options!
Kicking Horse Coffee
As another option for the best coffee for weight loss, I like Kicking Horse Coffee. Kicking Horse Coffee is an organic coffee that is also fair trade. This is a perfect weight loss coffee!
- Dark roast, whole bean: Sweet, smoky, audacious. This remarkable blend of beans is the spirit of...
- Tasting notes, brew method: Rich, dark chocolate, cacao nibs, brown sugar and roasted hazelnuts....
- Origin Indonesia & South America: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by...
- Organic, Fairtrade, kosher, shade grown, Arabica coffee: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee...
- Roasted in the rocky mountains: It’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the...
Tiny Footprint Coffee
If you are a true environment lover, the best weight loss coffee for you is Tiny Footprint Coffee. Tiny Footprint Coffee is the world’s first carbon-negative coffee. Meaning, producing this coffee produces fewer carbon emissions than removes from the atmosphere!
- The world's first carbon negative coffee: For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the...
- WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: 100% Organic Shade-Grown Arabica Coffee
- PRODECOOP uses its proceeds to bring improved living standards to its growing membership and fund...
- Flavor Profile: Sultry, bold dark roast tones with notes of chocolate roasted leaving traditional...
- Craft Roasted in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern...
Mount Hagen Organic Coffee
If you want a quick and effortless cup of coffee in the morning, the best coffee for weight loss for you is Mount Hagen Organic Freeze-Dried Instant Coffee. Most instant coffees taste horrible.
I hate them, and I’m sure you do too. However, Mount Hagen Organic Freeze-Dried Instant Coffee is different! I have bought this coffee on several occasions and I love it. To me, it tastes almost as good as regularly brewed coffee.
If you buy instant coffee you know you are doing it for the convenience. However, if you buy Mount Hagen Organic Freeze-Dried Instant Coffee, you also can enjoy the taste as well!
- MOUNT HAGEN: The trailblazer of organic Fair Trade coffee production, the conscience of the global...
- BULK VALUE: Pack of six 3.53 ounce jars, 50 servings in every jar
- AWARD-WINNING: Mount Hagen consistently tops lists of best instant organic coffees
- SINGLE ORIGIN: Our favorite single-origin coffee boasts the velvety mildness and complex,...
- MASTERS OF OUR CRAFT: A sip of our rich, smooth coffee is a taste of its pampered history in the...
Death Wish Coffee
Lastly, if you want an extremely high-caffeine coffee, I think one of the best weight loss coffees is Death Wish Coffee. Death Wish Coffee is also organic and fair trade, but it is made to be the “world’s strongest” coffee! This is definitely one of the best slimming coffees!
- WORLD’S STRONGEST COFFEE: Our whole coffee beans will transform your basic cup of joe into a...
- QUALITY BREW: Hands down, the best whole coffee beans in the world. One sip of our best-selling...
- BOLD FLAVOR: Immerse yourself in a smooth, subtle, never bitter cherry and chocolate flavor profile....
- FAIR AND ORGANIC: Every 16 oz. bag of Death Wish Coffee is filled to the top with whole Coffee beans...
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Death Wish Coffee comes highly rated by thousands of satisfied customers who can't...
Concluding Thoughts – Benefits of Drinking Coffee for Weight Loss
Drinking coffee for weight loss is a great idea because it will help you get healthy and stay healthy, not only lose weight. If you are going to start drinking more coffee to help yourself lose weight, you definitely want to have the right style of coffee maker at home.
There are a variety of options when it comes to coffee makers. A traditional coffee pot can help you brew a lot of coffee at one time, but it can be time-consuming, which is why more and more people prefer a delicious coffee pod over other types of coffee.
Due to their limited 4-cup capacity, smaller units won’t take up that much space on your kitchen counter, and they’re relatively affordable, too. They certainly cost less than what you’re used to spending in the coffee shop every month.
I recently purchased a Nespresso machine for the first time and I have been loving it so far. I enjoy the Nespresso machine because I can make a cup of coffee substantially faster than with traditional brewing. Here is the one I have:
- SIZE: Discover the newest and smallest ever single serve espresso maker from Nespresso by Breville,...
- PERFORMANCE: Create a barista-style coffee or espresso drinks every time, thanks to our one-touch...
- EFFICIENT COFFEE MACHINE: In just one touch, the water reaches the ideal serving temperature in 25...
- VERSATILITY: Adjustable cup size with two programmable Espresso (1.35 oz) and Lungo (5 oz) buttons...
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment...
For more information on other ways to brew your coffee, you can check out Coffee or Bust.
Read Next: Coffee vs Pre Workout