The arm exercises and arm workouts for women in this article will help any woman get rid of arm fat quickly!
Arm workouts and arm exercises can provide confidence and functional strength for women. Whether you want to look good in a dress or summer shirt, or you want to be able to move things throughout your house or apartment without the help of anyone else, doing arm exercises and arm workouts can provide significant help.
Not only can arm workouts for women help you build muscle mass, but they can help you lose arm fat as well.
Many women think that skipping meals or doing procedures such as DIY coolsculpting at home is the best way to lose weight, but that is absolutely wrong! There are many workouts women can do to tone their arms, and many of the best arm exercises for women are doable at home.
Combining the best arm exercises with a proper diet and complete exercise routine is the best way to lose arm fat for any woman, and it is easily accomplish-able with the right guidance and plan.
Instead of the tips listed below, you could also choose to sign up for BodyFit by Bodybuilding.com and follow along with Jamie Eason’s LiveFit. LiveFit, the Jamie Eason arm workout, contains a lot of great arm exercises for women and pre-planned workouts you can follow! BodyFit by Bodybuilding.com is a great service that costs only $3.99 or $12.99 per month depending on which level you sign up for, and it contains a ton of great arm workouts for women which you can follow along for.
Check it out for yourself:
What Equipment Do You Need for a Good Arms Workout For Women?
Although you can certainly do an arm workout at the local gym, you can also do an arm workout at home in your home gym. If you want to do your arm exercises at home, the home gym equipment you’ll need is:
- A Chair or a Bench
- Workout Headphones
- Pull-up Bar
- Fat Gripz
If you don’t have dumbbells or other fitness equipment at home, you can buy used exercise equipment online through places such as eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace. There are a variety of home exercise machines you can use as well for your arm workouts, but it is more affordable to stick with the pieces of equipment listed above.
The Best Arm Exercises for Women to Lose Arm Fat
If you want truly defined and sculpted arms, you should certainly develop a full body routine and workout program that will improve your entire physique. However, arm exercises certainly need to be a part of that routine, and doing arm exercises at home is a great way for women to work on this specific part of their body.
Check out these arm exercises which women can do at home to help you lose arm fat and develop toned arms:
The first exercise you should master is push-ups.
Push-ups are a classic move that is often passed over because most people don’t believe it is too simple. However, they couldn’t be any more wrong. Even for professional athletes such as myself, push-ups are one of the best exercises for toning your arms and whole body.
- To begin, place yourself parallel to the floor in a plank position.
- Then, you lower your body towards the ground, while bending your elbows. Ideally, your chest will touch the ground.
- Lastly, push back up and bring your whole body back to the starting position.
In the beginning, many people need to rest on their knees on the ground for an assisted push-up.
There are other ways to do push-ups. One way is a diamond push-up when you place your hands together and keep your elbows close to your body. This helps develop your triceps.
To add even more resistance, try a feet elevated diamond push-up using your wall to keep your feet up in the air.
Another advanced push-up variation for losing arm fat and getting toned arms is the yoga push-up. Here is a demonstration of this exercise:
Curl and Press
The bicep curl and press is a great exercise which build your biceps and shoulder muscles at the same time.
In this exercise, you curl your biceps, and then press the dumbbells overhead. Doing a “curl and press” means that you do both of these exercises together. This exercise will work on your shoulders, triceps, and trapezius muscles, but also your biceps and forearms.
This is a true full arm movement!
Here are a few steps for performing the curl and press:
- Stand firmly and hold a dumbbell in both of your hands, facing forward.
- Bend your elbows to curl the dumbbell in a controlled motion.
- Continue the motion, and then press your arms above head.
To maintain safety, avoid arching your back when you press your arms overhead.
Squat and Press
The squat and press is an incredible arm exercise for women who are trying to lose arm fat because by doing an overhead press and a squat in the same movement, your body will burn many more calories per workout.
Squats are great to pair with any arm exercise workout because they promote the release of human growth hormone and testosterone. When you do squats with other arm exercises for fat loss, you will burn more calories, build more muscle, and lose arm fat faster.
Here is a video demonstration of the squat and press:
Triceps extensions are a staple exercise for your triceps muscle, and can really make a difference in the shape of your arms. Believe it or not, your triceps actually make up more of your total arm muscle than your biceps!
In this exercise, you tighten your stomach muscles and press dumbbell over your head. This is done while you bend your elbows behind your head.
- Stand tall and squeeze our core.
- Press your dumbbell over head
- Continue doing this till your arms touch your ears.
Many people start with bench dips and progress towards a parallel bar dip.
In this exercise, you do not require any equipment. All you need to do is bend your elbows, and again straighten them using your body weight.
To perform triceps dips:
- Roll your shoulders back, and open your chest
- Extend your legs, and straighten your knees
- Bend your elbows, lower your hips, and then lift your body up.
Avoid moving your hips up and down, and focus on lowering your body through the elbow.
This is a great exercise for losing arm fat, and it is also one of the best exercises for your chest muscles.
The basic front plank is a perfect core exercise, which can also help to tone your arms and entire posterior chain.
This is a primary yoga pose which is known as Kumbha asana. In this pose, you get to the ground and straighten your back and buttocks as you hold your body, and your shoulders are over your elbows
To perform the forearm plank:
- Come down on the ground on your forearms
- Lift your knees, and make sure your body is straight from head to tailbone.
- Maintain this form until you cant hold it any longer.
Try working up to being able to hold a 2-minute forearm plank and I am confident you will notice the difference in the appearance of your body!
Related Reading: How To Lose Arm Fat with Exercise?
The basic side plank is a perfect stability training move. This helps you to tone your core muscles, oblique muscles, and strengthen your arms. This is a yoga pose which is also known as Vasisthasana.
Also, the side plank is one of the best shoulder exercises at home.
To perform the side plank:
- Come down on the ground sideways, on one arm.
- Keeping abs tight, lift your hips up.
- Make sure your body is straight, and hold in this pose until you cannot anymore
If you want to build gorgeous biceps and an incredible back, work on pull-ups!
You can either do Inverted Rows, pull-ups or chin-ups, and they are all awesome for defining your arms.
If you want to do pull-ups or chin-ups at home, you’ll need a pull-up bar. There are a lot of different pull-up bars you can choose from, but if you want a very reliable one, I suggest you purchase this one:
- 💪【Comfortable and ergonomic design to help protect wrists】 Wide grip curved ergonomic handles...
- 💪【Raised bar - Suitable for tall people】Designed for wide doorframes with a maximum width of...
- 💪【No screws - ready to use - no need to assemble】Simply hook right into the doorframe, get a...
- 💪【Maximum stability, robust, high quality construction】 Heavy duty design prevents movement...
- 💪【100% satisfaction guarantee】 If you do not like the pull up bar max for any reason, just...
Inverted rows are generally a bit easier than pull-ups or chin-ups, as they are basically a horizontal pull up. You’ll need a slightly different piece of equipment for this. For example, you could get something like this:
- No Tools - No Doorway - No Drilling Required! It’s Free Standing and Folds up for easy storage!
- Don't NEGLECT half your upper body because you Can't Do Pull-ups!
- My Push-Pull Workout will give you a complete Upper Body Workout in minutes.
- Inverted pull-ups are ideal for both men and women who struggle with pull-ups, but want to...
- Workout in your Living Room, Outside, the Office, Boot-camps, On the Road - It's PORTABLE!
Here is an example of how to do an advanced version of inverted rows:
You don’t have to try something this difficult though, you can simply do inverted rows with your feet on the ground when you are beginning.
The Best Arm Workout for Women Trying to Lose Arm Fat
If you are trying to lose arm fat, I suggest you combine these specific exercises in a circuit which will last about 30-minutes.
For exercises with dumbbells (such as triceps extensions and the dumbbell curl and press), I suggest you do 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
For exercises with your bodyweight, I suggest you do 4 sets of as many reps as possible (AMRAP). Record how many reps you can do each time you try this arm workout, and keep trying to improve your number of reps.
For the forearm plank and side plank, I suggest you begin with 4 sets of 30-seconds each, and increase by 15-seconds every other workout until you can hold each pose for 2-minutes each. Then, you can try some more advanced variations.
A complete arm workout for women would look like this:
- Push-Ups: 4 Sets of AMRAP
- Curl and Press: 4 Sets of 8-12 Reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 Sets of 8-12 Reps
- Dips: 4 Sets of AMRAP
- Forearm Planks: 4 Sets of 30 Seconds+
- Side Plank: 4 Sets of 30 Seconds+
- Inverted Rows, Pull-ups or Chin-ups: 4 Sets of AMRAP
Alternatively, you can sign up for BodyFit by Bodybuilding.com and get access to tons of arm workouts for women, like the Jamie Eason arm workout, for only $3.99 or $12.99 per month!
Concluding Thoughts – Tips to Lose Arm Fat Fast
Along with the specific arm exercises listed above, there are a few additional tips that can help women with losing arm fat.
For example, if you have dumbbells at home but don’t have a weight bench, doing the dumbbell floor press can be a great substitute for the bench press.
Lastly, if you are doing arm workouts to lose arm fat, you can also use natural fat burners for additional fat burning.
Use these tips and I am confident you will have great arm workouts every time!