The gym is an excellent place to get a better body. Aside from achieving your body goals, working out can also help you gain skin benefits. Just make sure that you are consistent in your post-workout skincare. To maximize your routine, you can use Skinfood products after your workout.
There’s also a downside if you don’t take care of your skin right after working out. Sweat and dirt from gym mats can make your skin break out if you don’t tend to it right away. When the sweat stays too long on your face and body, there are more chances for dirt and dead skin cells to penetrate your open pores.
Here’s are easy and helpful steps you can follow after working out:
Take Off Your Gym Clothes and Wear Clean Ones
Gym clothes such as sports bra and leggings can be wrong for your skin if worn for a longer duration. Its sturdy and moisture-absorbing material is not breathable in the long run.
The dirty clothes will trap sweat, oil, and dead skin cells. Those elements will rub into your skin for hours, and it’ll turn into acne.
Make sure to get out of your tight gym clothes as soon as you finish your workout. The more important thing to remember is that you should wear clean clothes, and not the clothes you wore previously.
Make Sure That You Wash Your Face Right After
You must wash your face immediately after you finish working out. While it is not necessary that you take a shower before working out, you may want to wash your face with your preferred facial wash quickly before training as well.
Using overused exercise machines and laying around dirty gym mats can expose your face to bacteria. Aside from the bacteria on devices and rugs, your sweaty face could be trapping dirt from your own hands.
Use a cleanser that can thoroughly clean and remove oil, debris, and sweat from your pores.
Skinfood Egg White Foam Cleanser is a good option if you want a gentle cleanser that can thoroughly cleanse and purify your skin after a day’s workout.
- Upgraded fresh pore-specialized foam that removes impurities and excessive oils for a smooth poreless complexion.
- Egg Perfect Pore line that uses 5 red and green food functions as well as a higher concentration of Egg Yolk, Albumin, and Hot Spring Water for a fresh poreless appearance.
- How to Use : Dispense ample amount onto wet palm and massage onto face avoiding eye and mouth area. Rinse off with warm water.
Additional Reading: Skincare Tips for Professional Athletes
Hydrating and Using Cooling Agents
After a workout, there is a big chance that you can get dry skin. After you workout, you need to hydrate and use some cooling agents to moisturize it.
Try soaking a clean facial towel in cold water or iced tea then pressing it on your face and other areas if you want, for a few minutes.
You can also use facial and skin products that have aloe vera. It will help cool down your skin.
Don’t Forget to Wash Your Body
You have to wash your body immediately after your workout. When you work out, you may be sweating and trapping dirt into your pores.
You may contract fungi and back acne from the gym, so make sure you wash it off with antibacterial soap or body wash to prevent and treat body breakouts.
Since your body’s pores are large and susceptible, you should make sure that your shower temperature is hot enough to kill bacteria. However, it shouldn’t be too hot that it would burn your skin. In choosing a body wash, make sure that you buy one that doesn’t dry your skin.
Grape Seed Oil Body Wash from Skinfood has grapeseed wine and oil extract that is full of nutrients and can give your skin nourishment.
- A body wash featuring nutrient-rich grape seed oil and wine extract that lathers up richly to nourish skin and leave a soft finish.
- Grape seed oil is rich in Vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids. The oil hydrates the skin, making it smooth and moist.
- How to Use : Take a sufficient amount on a bath sponge or towel to lather. Massage your entire body and thoroughly rinse with water
Additional Information: Contrast Shower Benefits
Bring Your Own Towel to the Gym
Bringing your towel makes sure that you are using clean linen. Some gyms offer sheets for members to use, but it’s more advisable to bring your own. This precaution is to make sure you are aware when the towel was washed and cleaned.
There’s a lot of other factors why bringing your towel is essential, and one is you could have an allergic reaction to the detergent the gym is using.
You can never be too careful, especially when you have sensitive skin.
It’s important to note that it’s best to shave after a workout, rather than before. Shaving after a workout will keep you well-groomed, trimming away whatever bacteria that may have gotten in those facial hairs with all the heat and sweat.
It’s not recommended to shave before a workout because when your skin sweats after being in contact with the blade, it can become highly irritated.
After a workout and a nice shower is the perfect time to shave! Your pores will be open, and your hair will be softer.
Trimming Pubic Regions
Not many people consider this, but this is one of the most important grooming habits you need to develop as a fitness enthusiast. Yes, you need to trim pubic hair with your ideal trimmer; ideally regularly, but as much as possible.
Even before working out!
The idea is to decrease your total hair as much as possible because bacteria could multiply in there while you sweat. Use a reliable bikini or pubic trimmer to safely reduce your hair if you don’t want to shave it off completely.
Do the Scrubbing at Home for Your Night Routine
Remember to skip scrubbing when you’re just fresh out of the gym. Your post-workout face and skin are more delicate and more prone to abrasions from your exfoliant.
Using a cleansing foam after the gym is a better option than a scrub.
You can scrub your face when you get home and proceed to do your skincare routine. Skinfood’s Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is a gentle scrub that can successfully remove dirt and dead skin cells from your face.
This product can smooth the surface of your skin and brighten it after using it.
- An exfoliating and hydrating mask wash off that features mineral rich Brazilian black sugar granules. Black sugar is rich in vitamins and minerals and restores nutrients and moisture to skin.
- Our black sugar is unrefined and enriched with minerals, particularly phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. It is also rich in vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid.
- Black sugar granules effectively eliminate blackheads.
- The Black Sugar Mask Wash Off has remained one of SKINFOOD's bestsellers and a customer favorite for over 10 years.
- We also carry a limited edition jumbo size. It is a supersize version at a super steal price.
Related Reading: Benefits of Using Aloe Vera on Your Face Overnight
A great workout routine can assist your body in producing more collagen, and it will make your skin more supple and firmer. Sweating out toxins in your body will give your skin oxygenize blood that can bring out the glow you want.
Lack of exercise may also cause your skin to sag and advance wrinkles. Make sure to complement your workout with skincare!