Probiotics come with lots of benefits. They are instrumental in the maintenance of bacteria in the gut and can be gotten from certain foods. In addition to being received from foods, they can also be consumed as supplements.
Buying Guide for the Best Vegan Probiotic Supplement
There are lots of probiotics, but as an individual with a vegan lifestyle, you cannot make use of all of them. So, to ensure that you get the best available vegan probiotic, we have put do put up this article. Read on to discover how to get the right vegan probiotics.
Search for Dairy-free Probiotic Supplements
A lot of probiotic supplements have dairy to be their source. While dairy is a common source for probiotic supplements, there are other ways probiotic supplements can be derived. They can be gotten from fermented vegetables.
To avoid buying probiotic supplements gotten from dairy, you will have to look through the ingredients of every probiotic supplement that you intend buying.
This might be a little strenuous as 8 out of every 10 probiotic supplements that you will come across will be dairy-based.
What Facility Produced the Probiotic Supplement?
Probiotic supplements can be produced in various facilities. Sometimes, they are produced in facilities that produce egg, dairy, and shellfish products. Although a lot of people might assume that it does not matter where a probiotic supplement is produced. The truth remains there are chances of cross-contamination taking place if a probiotic supplement is produced in the same facility where egg, dairy, and shellfish products are made.
As someone interested in only vegan probiotics, you might not be able to tell if a cross contamination has taken place.
So to avoid any issues of cross-contamination, it is important you know a little about the firm that produces any vegan probiotic you want to purchase.
Look Out for Transparency
Firms that manufacture products as delicate as vegan probiotics are supposed to be transparent with their ingredients. It is, however, unfortunate that a lot of companies that manufacture vegan probiotics cannot be vouched for as being transparent with their ingredients.
When buying a vegan probiotic, ensure you buy products from companies that have a reputation of being transparent with their ingredients. This way, you will be able to avoid any probiotics that contain fillers, artificial ingredients, allergens, and preservatives.
Avoid Probiotics Made from Soy, Wheat, or Corn
Buying the best vegan probiotics is a lot more than buying a probiotic that was not made from animal sources. Certain plant-based probiotics are not precisely ideal for people with vegan lifestyles.
Some of these probiotics are those that contain some amounts of wheat, corn, and soy. Probiotics which have wheat, soy, and corn as some of their constitute ingredients are known to be contaminated with pesticides. They are also known to contain certain unwanted ingredients.
In addition to looking for probiotics that are free from soy, wheat, and corn, you should get gluten-free probiotics.
Look for FDA Approval
Although there are no laws which state that the FDA must test probiotics supplements before they are approved as okay for public use, you might want to buy only probiotics that are tested by the FDA.
Doing this will serve as an assurance that you are consuming safe probiotics and of good quality. Also, any probiotic that is tested and approved by the FDA can be trusted to be free from any form of contamination.
The Best Vegan Probiotic Supplement
After researching the best vegan probiotics, I believe the best vegan probiotic supplement is Ora Organic Probiotics with Prebiotics.
There are many reasons that this supplement is better than other probiotic supplements on the market. Benefits of Ora Organics Vegan Probiotics include:
- Contains Acid Resistant Strains of Probiotics
- Vegan, Non-GMO, and Gluten-free
- Uses Clinically Documented Strains of Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, Lactobacillus reuteri, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium breve, Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum)
- Contains 16 Billion Probiotics per 2 Capsules
- Contains Prebiotics too Which Are Food for Probiotics
- 16 BILLION CFU PER SERVING, 6 PROBIOTIC STRAINS: We use strains selected for their well studied health benefits. Strains include Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Reuteri, Bifodobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum.
- ORGANIC & VEGAN PROBIOTICS WITH PREBIOTICS: Our premium quality, vegan probiotic supplement blend is developed in plant-based cultures. Additionally, this product is, as always, certified made with organic, free of gluten, dairy, GMOs, and soy.
- ORGANIC PREBIOTICS INCLUDED: Prebiotics are what fuels probiotics. As such, our powder includes prebiotic fiber from organic Jerusalem artichoke and organic tapioca.
- GREAT FOR SENSITIVE STOMACHS: Don’t take our word for it. Trust your gut and our already satisfied customers who say things like: “Hands down the best probiotic available. I deal with stomach issues daily, and this is the only probiotic that has reduced my issues substantially. These are worth every penny.”
- COMPACT AND ROAD READY: Our probiotics come in easy-to-swallow vegan pullulan capsules, which ensure acid-resistance and survival in your gut. They are also freeze dried to keep them active without refrigeration, (similar to how it is done with active dry yeast used in baking) making them easy to transport and travel with.