Ask anyone new to working out or getting in shape and they will all tell you that the hardest part is staying motivated.
And the older you are, the harder it gets because being healthy is all about forming good habits and having the discipline to push through those days when you just don’t feel like it.
Whether you had a bad day at work or were out a little too late, the craziness of life can be a bit overwhelming which makes it that much harder to make it to the gym or follow through on your exercise routine.
But in another study, only around 8% of those people will actually follow through and achieve their goals. So how can you stay motivated on those days when you just feel like giving up?
Read some motivational quotes!
While these quotes might come off as cliche since you see them on every meme on social media, when you take the time to curate a list of your favorites, they do act as a spark to get you fired up.
Think of it like your music playlists that you use to power through your workouts.
Just like the music gets you pumped up, these positive words can trigger certain neurons in your brain that will give you the burst you need to push through that “blah” feeling so you can get the ball rolling.
Just remember, the hardest part about your workout is starting. Whether you consider yourself a fit or unfit person, everyone has days where beginning their workout is a challenge.
Once you put your pants on and get your body moving, the rest will take care of itself via inertia. So the next time you don’t feel like going to the gym, try spending a few minutes reading some quotes that will help fire you up.
Here Are 12 Motivational Quotes That You Can Try Using:
- Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. ― Jim Rohn
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. — Jerry Rice
- Do something today your future self will thank you for. – Unknown
- “I don’t have time” is the grown-up version of “the dog ate my homework.”
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. — Tommy Lasorda
- It’s not about having time. It’s about making time. – Unknown
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. – Unknown
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. — Mahatma Gandhi
- You are only one workout away from a good mood. – Unknown
- Be stronger than your excuses. – Unknown
- If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied. – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- A one hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses. – Unknown