If you are familiar enough with “One Punch Man” to search for the “One Punch Man Workout Routine, you probably already know a lot about the character. However, if you’re not familiar with the One Punch Man Workout Routine or One Punch Man, then there is a lot you need to know!
The One Punch Man Workout Routine is the hidden workout of the Japanese superhuman (anime character): Saitama. Saitama was originally just an ordinary man, who one day realized his strength and set a goal of being the world’s strongest man.
So, he began his journey towards that goal; with no special powers or abilities.
When he started, people considered him as a joke, but he didn’t stop. Despite what people thought about him, when he was able to achieve his goal, people started following him as well as his workout program.
Although he used to be an ordinary man, through consistency and hard work, he managed to become the world strongest man! Saitama became so-strong that he used to knock out his opponent in only a single punch, which is how he earned the name “One Punch Man.”
If you have never watched a video of One Punch Man before, check out this clip to see his power!
It is said that Saitama has a superhuman ability, but in my view, it was his hard work, consistency, and focus which made him stand as the world’s strongest man.
Saitama used to follow one simple, yet, special workout which made him this strong and full of stamina. So, keep reading below to check out the One Punch Man Workout Routine which was created and used by Saitama!
What is the One Punch Man Workout Routine?
As you can probably imagine, it is not easy to follow the One Punch Man Workout Routine. It requires a lot of strength and stamina, and most people won’t be able to complete it the first time they try. However, once you start trying it, you will quickly improve your physical fitness level and build an aesthetic body!
As the info-graphic above describes, the One Punch Man Workout Routine is:
- 100 Push-ups
- 100 Crunches
- 100 Squat
- 10 Kilometers Running
This is the total workout which One Punch Man followed, but the most important thing about this workout is that you have to follow it consistently. When you do this workout routine, you want to minimize the amount of rest days that you take.
Since you will try to do this workout routine every day without any rest, you will notice that you can quickly improve your strength, conditioning, appearance, and physical health with the One Punch Man Workout Routine. Personally, I don’t suggest using the values provided in the original One Punch Man Workout Routine to begin with.
Depending on your fitness level, you should start with 10-25 push-ups, crunches, and squats, and begin with 1-2 kilometers of running per day. If you start with a more manageable amount of training, you will remain healthier and not risk injuring yourself in the process of becoming fit. Becoming tired or fatigued can lead to injuries, which will obviously slow down your ability to get in the best shape of your life. According to a study published by The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School,
“Muscle fatigue is a complex, multifactorial process. The causes of fatigue are classified as central, including brain and spinal cord mechanisms, and peripheral including peripheral nerve, neuromuscular junction, sarcolemma, excitation-contraction coupling, energy supply, and force generation mechanisms. Muscle injury, particularly muscle strain, has been linked to fatigue.”
However, when performed properly, within only a few weeks you will notice many significant changes in your body and health, especially once you start having a command of this workout routine.
Your stamina, cardiovascular health, endurance, and core strength will all improve, and you will certainly have a more toned body.
Check out these additional benefits of doing the One Punch Man Workout Routine!
Advantages of the One Punch Man Workout Routine
The One Punch Man Workout Routine (which includes push-ups, squats and crunches) helps you with improving the three main areas of your body.
The push-ups stimulate nearly all the muscles of your upper body and core, the crunches specifically help in targeting your core more, and squats develop your lower body and core as well. Lastly, the 10 kilometers of running helps with building your stamina improving your cardiovascular fitness.
As you can see, the One Punch Man Workout routine is a complete workout in itself, and it helps you work all necessary muscles in your body.
This workout routine consists of only bodyweight exercises, but it can still help you develop a lot of lean muscle mass. If you are looking to lose weight, using this workout routine to help you lose weight is a great idea because it focuses on bodyweight strength.
According to a study published in ACSM’s Health & Fitness Journal on the effects of bodyweight only circuit training (such as the Saitama Workout Routine),
“HICT seems to be an efficient means of exercise to help decrease body fat, improve insulin sensitivity, and improve V˙O2max and muscular fitness. As the hectic pace of today’s corporate world continues to infringe on the amount of time individuals have for exercise, these types of programs can offer a good option to help busy individuals improve their health and recover from stress via exercise. The practicality and accessibility of HICT using body weight as resistance makes this exercise program a viable option for the masses.”
Through this workout routine, you will develop a lean and toned physique.
However, there are some disadvantages of this workout routine as well. Although there are many reasons to do the One Punch Man Workout Routine, there are a few reasons you might want to avoid it.
Disadvantages of the One Punch Man Workout Routine
Although this is an amazing workout, it does have some downsides too.
For example, although you will develop some lean muscle mass, but if you’re goal is to build extreme amounts of muscles mass then this workout is not going to work for you. However, you are surely going to see the changes that this workout will provide for your body, which is why you will love it unless you are not focusing on building extreme amounts of muscle.
Furthermore, one of the more specific disadvantages is that this workout routine lacks in pulling movements. If the One Punch Man Workout Routine included the pull-up movement in it, then it would be a complete workout in itself.
That’s why, I would recommend that if you could afford a pull-up bar or already have one, then you must add it in your One Punch Man Workout Routine.
Another disadvantage is that you do not work on muscle or joint stability, and there is a chance you will reach a plateau because you are only doing a few exercises. However, these exercises are some of the best you can do if you only want to try a simple routine, which is why the One Punch Man Workout Routine is an excellent option for many people!
What Type of Gear Do You Need for the One Punch Man Workout?
Although you only need your bodyweight for all the exercises in the One Punch Man Workout Routine, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t need a few types of fitness gear to get the most out of your training sessions.
In my opinion, the most important types of fitness gear that you could need for this workout routine are:
- Running Shoes
- Yoga Mat
- Pull-Up Bar (Optional)
- Kettlebell (Optional)
The reason I have also added the kettlebell into the list of necessary fitness gear is because if you improve on your strength on the squats quickly, you can feel free to use a kettlebell and do goblet squats.
The One Punch Man Diet
If you truly want to get the most out of your efforts during your time with the Saitama Workout Routine, you want to make sure you are eating a proper diet. Considering the intensity of this workout program, I suggest modeling your diet after elite or professional athletes. According to one study published in the Journal of the Romanian Sports Medicine Society,
“Nutrition significantly influences athletic performance. A specific nutritional strategy should be adopted by
the athlete before, during and after training and competition to maximise mental and physical performance. “
Personally, as a professional basketball player, I suggest a balanced diet consisting of whole foods, proper supplements, and the right superfoods powders to fill in any nutrition gaps.
I strongly suggest you consume as many vegan protein sources as possible, since they are generally well-balanced and high in both protein, slow-digesting carbohydrates, and healthy dietary fats.
Furthermore, I strongly suggest staying away from fast food or processed foods which contain many preservatives, simple sugars, and other nasty ingredients. According to a research study published in Trends in Food Science & Technology,
“Whole foods such as whole grains as well as skins and processing by-products of foods often serve as a concentrated source of components with health beneficial effects. In most cases, processing negatively affects the bioactive components of functional foods and nutraceuticals. Therefore, minimally processed products better serve the health conscious consumers.”
Best Supplements for the Saitama Workout Routine
Along with a proper diet, using the right supplements can significantly improve your results from the Saitama Workout Program. Here are a few of the supplements I believe can make the most impact for you!
Your Super Superfoods Powders
Although there are many dietary supplements which can assist you while you progress through the Saitama Routine, my main suggestion is for you to try Your Super powders. The superfood powders from Your Super contain incredible micronutrients and additional health benefits that are better than any other products you will ever purchase (in my honest opinion). If you decide you would like to try their products, you can use my Your Super Coupon Code AdamKemp to take 15% off your order when you order through their website.
To learn more about each product individually, check out my Your Super Product Review.
A list of their superfood powders includes:
- Forever Beautiful
- Energy Bomb
- Super Green
- Power Matcha
- Chocolate Lover
- Skinny Protein
- Magic Mushrooms
- Mellow Yellow
- Muscle Power
- Skinny Protein
Or, you can order their products from Amazon as well:
- SUPERFOOD STARTER PACK: Your Super Starter Pack showcases 7 of our most popular organic superfood mixes – Skinny Protein, Super Green, Muscle Power, Energy Bomb, Forever Beautiful, Power Matcha, and Chocolate Lover.
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: All our superfood blends feature a carefully managed nutrient-dense blend of 100% organic and sustainable micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, and herbs. Your Super powder mixes use naturally dried whole foods and contain NO stevia, sweeteners, fillers, thickeners, natural or artificial flavoring, GMOs or chemicals – made with powerful superfoods, nothing more!
- FULL BODY SPECTRUM: Need muscle growth? A boost of energy? General immune system support? The individual mixes inside our superfood starter pack each focus on a different long-term health goal. Try them all to find which ones best fit your body and needs!
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED: All 7 functional mixes were formulated by orthomolecular nutritionists for optimal health, nutrition, and performance.
- EASY TO USE: Your Super Starter Pack comes with 1 portion of each featured mix. Simply blend the powder with your favorite beverage, plant-based milk, smoothie, meal, healthy treats, snacks or breakfast.
Citrulline Malate is an amino-acid which improves blood flow throughout your body, enables you to exercise longer, and improves your ability to recover after exercise. In my opinion, it is one of the most important supplements for anyone on a consistent resistance training program. According to a study published in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research,
“our results suggest that citrulline malate supplementation may be beneficial in improving exercise performance during lower-body multiple-bout resistance exercise in advanced resistance-trained men.”
Furthermore, another study published in The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research stated that,
“We conclude that the use of CM might be useful to increase athletic performance in high-intensity anaerobic exercises with short rest times and to relieve post-exercise muscle soreness. Thus, athletes undergoing intensive preparation involving a high level of training or in competitive events might profit from CM.”
Personally, I take 3-6 grams of citrulline malate before each training session. If you would also like to try this supplement, in my opinion, the best citrulline malate supplement is:
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Lab-tested for potency and purity. We use only pharmaceutical-grade, clinically-tested ingredients that are backed by the latest research and development.
- ENHANCES MUSCLE GROWTH: Shown to increase muscle mass and strength, can improve overall athletic performance.
- SUPPORTS ENDURANCE: Enables you to exercise longer and harder by removing ammonia from your body before it can cause muscle fatigue. Improving stamina means you can push your workouts to the next level
- PROMOTES RECOVERY: Helps your muscles recover after a hard and intense workout
- Supports endurance^Potent arginine precursor^Supports recovery
Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
“BCAA supplementation before and after exercise has beneficial effects for decreasing exercise-induced muscle damage and promoting muscle-protein synthesis; this suggests the possibility that BCAAs are a useful supplement in relation to exercise and sports.”
Drinking a mixture of citrulline malate and BCAAs before training is an excellent way to help limit muscular fatigue and improve your ability to complete the One Punch Man Workout Routine. Personally, I prefer to drink 5-10g of BCAAs before any weightlifting session or basketball practice.
There are numerous BCAA supplements on the market, however, I believe the best BCAA supplement is:
- The World's #1 BCAA Brand with 7G of BCAAs Per Serving
- 0 Stimulants, Sugar, Calories, or Carbs
- 2.5g Added Glutamine + Electrolytes
- NSF & Informed Choice Certified
If you are going to do the Saitama Workout Routine everyday as you should to get the best results, there is a chance that you will deal with inflammation in your joints from all the exercise. Fortunately, taking a turmeric supplement is a simple way to reduce inflammation of your joints, and improve your overall health in a variety of additional ways.
According to one study published on the medicinal health benefits of turmeric,
“turmeric is used as an herbal medicine for rheumatoid arthritis, chronic anterior uveitis, conjunctivitis, skin cancer, small pox, chicken pox, wound healing, urinary tract infections, and liver ailments. It is also used for digestive disorders; to reduce flatus, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, and colic; for abdominal pain and distension; and for dyspeptic conditions including loss of appetite, postprandial feelings of fullness, and liver and gallbladder complaints. It has anti-inflammatory, choleretic, antimicrobial, and carminative actions”
If you would like to try a turmeric supplement, I suggest:
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY - Unlike our competitors, our turmeric blend (with BioPerine and Curcuma Longa with 95% standardized Curcuminoids) is created using only the highest grade and most potent NATURAL INGREDIENTS. An herbal remedy that drastically helps reduce body discomfort, our turmeric blend also promotes HEART HEALTH while helping your immune and digestive system. This means MORE MOBILITY, LESS PAIN and a HEALTHIER, HAPPIER YOU.
- ARE YOU TIRED OF ALWAYS FEELING DISCOMFORT IN YOUR BODY? - Are your joints frequently feeling swollen, ceased up and immobile? Are simple tasks like standing up, picking up your keys sore on your body? We designed our formula to GIVE YOU THE RELIEF YOU DESERVE, grab your keys, turn the door handle without feeling that sharp pain in your fingers, and go about your daily life like you used to do, WITHOUT THE STRUGGLE. This PREMIUM PRODUCT works great for Women, Men and Seniors.
- ALL NATURAL & NON-GMO! No preservatives, no hormones, no artificial ingredients, no antibiotics, no gluten, no sugar, no dairy, no wheat, no yeast, no soy. Our Turmeric Dietary Supplement is PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A. in an FDA-Registered facility. This product is GMP-certified to ensure the highest quality and purity
- BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT FOR BEST ABSORPTION | Black pepper extract has been shown to improve the bioavailability of many herbs and spices. Our Turmeric Curcumin Extract with Bioperine Black Pepper Extract provides a much better absorption than consuming turmeric capsules alone.
- HIGH-QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FROM A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: At Nuvana, we use only the highest-quality ingredients, produced under strict quality standards and inspection in a GMP certified & FDA registered facility right here in the USA!
One final supplement that can be especially useful for anyone doing the One Punch Man Workout Program is L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine is a specific amino acid which is useful for cellular metabolism and the transport of fatty acids from your cells. Furthermore, L-Carnitine also assists with overall energy metabolism, which is why it can both improve your performance and your physique. According to a study published in Nutrition,
“there is evidence for a beneficial effect of l-carnitine supplementation in training, competition, and recovery from strenuous exercise and in regenerative athletics.”
I try to take between 500mg and 1g of L-Carnitine before training sessions. If you would like to try this supplement, I believe the best L-Carnitine supplement is:
- OFFERS FITNESS SUPPORT*: NOW L-Carnitine 1,000 mg tablets are the purest form, clinically tested, and vegetarian (non-animal sourced).
- BOOSTS CELLULAR ENERGY* AND TRANSPORTS FATTY ACIDS*: L-Carnitine is a non-essential amino acid that helps to maintain overall good health by facilitating the transfer of fatty acid groups into the mitochondrial membrane for cellular energy production.*
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Non-GMO, Kosher, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968