Although you may have only thought about almonds as a healthy snack that can help you fight cravings and improve your shape, using almond oil for skin is actually one of the most prominent benefits of almonds.
According to a study published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice,
“Historically, almond oil had been used in Ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greco–Persian schools of Medicine to treat dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Further, it is through anecdotal evidence and clinical experiences that almond oil seemingly reduces hypertrophic scarring post-operatively, smoothes and rejuvenates skin. Almond oil has emollient and sclerosant properties and, therefore, has been used to improve complexion and skin tone.”
Almond oil is a an excellent skin care produce because it is completely natural, affordable, and easy to find. In fact, organic almond oil is one of the ultimate skin and hair care elixirs! Keep reading below to learn more about the benefits of almond oil for your skin!
Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin
There are many unique ways which almond oil can benefit your skin. Check out these unique benefits of almond oil:
Reduces Dark Circles Under Eyes
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, almond oil is a great option for helping reduce the appearance of dark circles and bags below the eyes. To help reduce eye bags with almond oil, you simply need to apply it each night before heading to bed.
Reduces Unwanted Tan
Along with reducing inflammation under your eyes, almond oil is also effective for reducing the signs of an unwanted tan. Having a tan is actually a sign of too much sun exposure. Although a mild amount of sun exposure might create a tan-look, too much sun exposure can cause skin inflammation, redness, and pain.
According to a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology,
“It was concluded that topical almond oil is capable of preventing the structural damage caused by UV irradiation and it was also found useful in decelerating the photoaging process.”
Applying organic almond oil over the affected areas of your skin can offer nearly instant relief.
Removes Fine Lines & Signs of Aging
Youthful skin is typically smooth and supple as it contains collagen, the structural protein behind this seamless appearance. Collagen makes the skin look good since it acts as padding, which keeps the skin taut and supple. As we age, the collagen padding beneath the skin becomes thinner and uneven, which marks the occurrence of fine wrinkles.
While there’s a natural aging process, premature aging is triggered by factors such as excessive sun exposure, dehydration, and tobacco smoke.
Premature aging can be controlled with proper skin care measures, and this is where organic almond comes into the picture.
You see, the collagen layer deteriorates largely because of oxidative stress. Organic almond oil has one of the most powerful antioxidants in existence, Vitamin E. According to a study published in Free Radical Biology and Medicine,
“Oxidative stress can results from or be enhanced by a large variety of conditions, including nutritional imbalance, exposure to chemical and physical agents in the environmental, strenous physical activities, injury, and heredity disorders. While many enzymes and compounds are involved in protecting cells from the adverse effects of oxidative stress, vitamin E occupies an important and unique position in the overall antioxidant defense.”
You can also try procedures such as microneedling at home, but using almond oil is an excellent option as well!
For additional help with wrinkles or skin problems, try CBD oil for your wrinkles!
Relieves Eczema & Psoriasis
Eczema and psoriasis are problems arising from the body’s reaction to internal and external triggers. Often, they leave the skin dry and itchy.
You can try to apply aloe vera gel on your face if these issues affect your facial skin, but otherwise, almond oil might be your best option!
According to a study published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology,
“Sweet almond oil is an oil that contains high levels of fatty acids and has been used for centuries to treat skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis. In this study, a moisturizer with 7% sweet almond oil and 2% colloidal oatmeal was found to be both safe and effective in treating patients with moderate to severe hand dermatitis.”
Organic almond oils soften the skin and keep it hydrated to prevent itching.
Since almond oil is a mildly hypoallergenic oil, it is useful in moisturizing the skin without causing any irritation. You can apply this oil alone or in combination with other essential oils, such as jojoba oil. Mixing it with other well-known oils can bring about the ultimate skin-healing results.
For example, here is a product which combines almond oil as well as a few other useful oils for your skin:
- DAY & NIGHT MOISTURIZER - Contains 4 natural raw ingredients you can trust including Extra Virgin Olive, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Vitamin E & Lavender Essential Oil. Best Moisturizer for face, skin, dry hair, scalp, Nails & feet. 4oz. ORGANIC, UNREFINED, COLD PRESSED OILS, VEGAN, NON-GMO, GLUTEN & PARABEN FREE. TRY US RISK-FREE! Order now, if for any reason you decide this body moisturizer is not for you, send us one email and receive a FULL REFUND OF YOUR MONEY! No need to send the bottle back!
- NATURAL SKIN CARE - Anti aging moisturizer hydrates for visibly softer & smoother skin. Corrects uneven skin tone & minor skin discoloration. Calms skin irritation, hives & cystic acne. Nourishes & restores entire body moisture after sun damage & sunburn. Helps smooth fine lines & gets rid of age dark spots & wrinkles. All of these benefits with no harmful chemicals. AVOID STRETCH MARKS - Apply firming oil 3 times daily after the 8th week of pregnancy to keep your lower belly smooth & beautiful
- NATURAL HAIR & SCALP CARE - 100% natural hair moisturizer provides scalp treatment for all hair types include wavy, curly, straight & afro hair. Use daily for dry scalp or flaky scalp for soft and longer rich hair. Ideal for rejuvenating & thickening of weak thin brittle hair. Moistens and nourishes dry flaky scalp. Stops chronic scalp itch for immediate and long-lasting itchy scalp relief. The best hair dandruff oil & effective natural dandruff treatment.
- DRY HANDS, CUTICLE & NAIL CARE - Effective hand moisturizer that treats dry cracked hands caused by weather conditions or excessive work. CUTICLES SOFTENER - use as Cuticle remover oil, cuticle conditioner, cuticle repair, safe alternative to cuticle cream. NAIL HARDENER - Best nail moisturizer & nail strengthener, Ideal for nourishing of weak short nails. Nail treatment for nail growth Promotes strong nails, fungal free nails. faster results than nail cream with no chemicals.
- PSORIASIS, ROSACEA & ECZEMA TREATMENT - Ideal for scalp psoriasis, skin psoriasis & nail psoriasis. FOR ECZEMA - safe all-natural alternative to eczema cream and eczema lotion. ROSACEA CARE- daily rosacea moisturizer for rosacea relief. a natural solution for alopecia, seborrheic & atopic dermatitis. safe for adults, kids & baby skin care. TRY US RISK-FREE! order now and if you are not 100% satisfied, simply email us and we will refund your money in the same day, NO NEED TO SEND THE BOTTLE BACK!
What is the Best Almond Oil for Your Skin?
If you are interested in purchasing an almond oil product for your skin, I suggest you purchase cold-pressed 100% sweet almond oil. There are a variety of brands which make this product, so you just need to choose one which is affordable and is manufactured in the best conditions.
Personally, I think this is a great option:
- 100% PURE SWEET ALMOND OIL - Kate Blanc's Sweet Almond Oil is a versatile carrier oil. It is guaranteed to be authentic, pure, natural, and hexane free. It is undiluted and contains no added ingredients. It is also fragrance free. 100% Guaranteed Authentic or FULL REFUND.
- SMOOTHER SKIN & SOFTER SKIN: Coldpressed sweet almond oil's unique anti-inflammatory properties reduce flakes and dry skin. It works as a natural anti-aging solution by tightening the skin and keeps your face, lips, and body hydrated and supple. It's also a great facial toner and has beautiful fragrance and is a source of Vitamin E for a more youthful radiant complexion.
- SOOTHING MASSAGE OIL: Virgin and unrefined sweet almond oil makes great skin massage oil, beauty products and face cream. It's a great facial oil that goes well under makeup. Almond oil lathers well and is non-greasy. It's the perfect oderless lubricant for skin.
- GREAT CARRIER OIL: Sweet Almond Oil is great as a carrier for strong essential oils such as peppermint oil and lavender oil. It doesn't have an ordor and mix well with essential oils to make a natural moisturizer for skin and also for aromatherapy.
- 100% GUARANTEE AND ONE YEAR WARRANTY - We aim to offer the highest quality and most authentic products. We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it for a FULL REFUND within 365 days. Add to Cart.