Health trends come and go, but every once in a while, there is a health discovery that is worth permanently implementing into your diet, and Moringa Oleifera may be one of those health trends.
Moringa is a relative newcomer to the health market but it has entered and appears to be here to stay! It is a plant that is native to the Himalayas in India but is now being cultivated across the world.
The reason for its popularity is because of its various health benefits. It is incredibly nutrient dense, has seven times the amount of Vitamin C than in an orange, high levels of calcium and protein, and four time the amount of Vitamin A than in a serving of carrots.
Dubbed as the “Tree of Life,” moringa is often supplemented in countries where malnutrition is prevalent in order to supplement nutrients.
According to a study published in the Journal of Pharmacy Research,
“Moringa oleifera Lam. (Moringaceae) is a highly valued plant, distributed in many countries of the tropics and subtropics. Moringa is nature’s medicine cabinet. It is best known as excellent source of nutrition and a natural energy booster. Different parts of this plant are being employed for the treatment of different ailments in the indigenous system of medicine.”
This article is going to take a closer in-depth look at the various health benefits moringa has to offer. For more information, you can read more about Research Verified Reviews to learn about how to distinguish between quality supplements and to help you find one that is safe and right for you!
Keep reading below to learn more about how you can use moringa for weight loss, and other health benefits of moringa!
Moringa is Great for Your Skin!
Moringa has high levels of Vitamins A, C, E and B complex which are essential vitamins for better skin.
Vitamin A is necessary for the repair of skin tissue. Having a Vitamin A deficiency can cause skin to become flaky and dry.
Vitamin B complex contains biotin, which is the basis of your nails, skin and hair cells. Supplementing with Vitamin B can give a healthy glow to skin.
Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant which has been shown to reduce wrinkles, improve skin texture and reduce skin damage.
Vitamin E can be found in foods like nuts, olives and spinach, and it is believed to have the ability to reduce the appearance of scars, rough and dry skin.
Moringa is an all encompassing skin care supplement that can make a significant improvement to your skin. According to a study which was published in Advances in Dermatology and Allergoloy,
“The results suggested that moringa cream enhances skin revitalization effect and supports anti-aging skin effects.”
If you would like to try a moringa cream for improving your skin quality, I suggest:
- MORINGA ANTI AGING CREAM: Moisturizes and helps dry rough skin. 100% pure Moringa seed oil is our 1st ingrediente in our anti aging cream helps refresh skin cells, leaving you with glowing, smooth skin!
- WORKS FOR SKINCARE: Anti-aging cream ingredients like Moringa Oil and fatty acid-rich Sesame Oil aid in reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, and those notorious age spots, refreshing the skin deep within.
- HELPS PROTECT: Protective properties in Moringa Creme & Vitamin E allow them to help the skin to recover from the harmful effects of the sun's UV radiation. This Moringa Anti Aging Cream will help keep you looking youthful and healthy!
- NATURAL BENEFITS: Crafted from Natural Ingredients: Pure Moringa Oil, 14 Ayurvedic Herbs? We've got it all covered! By bringing together some of skin's favorite ingredients, we've created a high quality moisturizer that spreads easily, absorbs fast, and smells so incredible.
- 100% QUALITY: Comes with the Moringa Energy Life, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We know you are going to love these Moringa benefits, so this Moringa Cream comes with a 30 day full return guarantee. Try This Moringa Cream Today and Treat Your Skin
See Also: How to Get Glowing Skin
Moringa Contains Valuable Amounts of Protein
Protein is made up of amino acids, which are the building blocks of the human body. Twenty amino acids are found in the genetic code of humans, and nine are considered to be essential.
Essential amino acids are categorized as ones that the body cannot synthesize, but needs
A complete protein is one that contains a sufficient amount of all the nine essential amino acids.
Moringa is considered to be a complete protein with all nine essential amino acids. One gram of Moringa has twice the amount of protein than yogurt and is equivalent to a full serving of vegetables. It is a wonderful way for vegans and vegetarians to include protein into their diets. According to a research study published in the Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences,
“Moringa leaves contain all of the essential amino acids in a good proportion, which are the building blocks of proteins. These leaves could be a great
boon to people who do not get protein from meat. Moringa even contains arginine and histidine two amino acids especially important for infants,who are unable to make enough protein for their growth requirements [12-18]”
Personally, I include moringa powder in my smoothies every morning. If you would like to try moringa powder yourself, I suggest:
- FRESH, UNALTERED: There is, curiously, a real tree that is not only wholly edible; its constituent parts are so packed with nutrients it’s like an organic mini-mart with roots. It even has aname like something from legend: Moringa.
- MAXIMIZE WELL-BEING: The leaves of the Moringa Oleifera contain complete proteins, not to mention a wealth of beta-carotene, minerals, antioxidants. So rich in nutrients, a line-item listing looks like the label on a bottle of multivitamins.
- RAW VITAMIN C: A 3.5 ounce quantity of Moringa tree leaves contains 92% of the vitamin B6 the USDA recommends you ingest in a day, plus 62% of your vitamin C, 55% of your Riboflavin (B2), 22% of your thiamin, and the list goes on.
- RELIABLE NUTRITION: In modern times this tree has been parlayed by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) into a possible nourishment solution for the nutritionally disenfranchised around the world.
Learn More: Vegan Protein Sources
Moringa for Weight Loss – Increase Your Daily Energy
Although moringa is caffeine free, it has high levels of nutrients including high levels of iron and calcium. These two nutrients support an energy-yielding metabolism. Studies have found that patients who supplemented their diet with moringa felt a natural energy boost as opposed to those taking a placebo.
Due to its nutritional properties, moringa is a caffeine-free product which can absolutely help you lose weight. Taking a moringa supplement can help with building muscles, and it will help increase your basal metabolic rate.
If you are interested in using moringa specifically to help you lose weight, one excellent product I suggest you try is Your Super Power Matcha. Along with moringa, Your Super Power Matcha also contains maca root, wheat grass, matcha, and barley grass. Combined, this is an excellent product which you can drink in the morning as a replacement for your typical cup of coffee.
- BETTER FOCUS & PRODUCTIVITY: Need to be productive and can’t concentrate? Look no further! Try this all natural, nutrient-dense blend of greens and brain-boosting superfoods to optimize your focus and productivity for hours – one spoonful equals a cup of coffee and a portion of daily greens!
- PACKED WITH NUTRITION: Power Matcha superfood powder is an excellent source of natural caffeine, potassium, and antioxidants. The mix is high in vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, E, C, Iron, and Niacin. Your Super mixes contain NO stevia, sweeteners, fillers, thickeners, natural or artificial flavoring – made with 5 energizing superfoods, nothing more!
- POWERFUL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Matcha* (Japan), Maca* (Peru), Moringa* (Tanzania), Wheatgrass* (Germany), Barley Grass* (Germany) Powder. *Organic Certified – Our certified organic ingredients are naturally dried to preserve the micronutrients and are tested by third-party labs before, during and after production to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- EASY TO USE: Simply add one teaspoon of the mix to smoothies, juices, water, meals or snacks. Slightly sweet, green tea taste – 5.3 oz (150g) | 30 servings
- GIVING BACK: For every mix sold, we donate one packet of life-saving food to children suffering from severe malnutrition through our partnership with Action Against Hunger. Everyone deserves to be healthy!