Ginger is a rhizome of a perennial herb that can be grown across the world, and it is a foundational herb in many traditional medicines. There are many health benefits of ginger for men and women when you use it as a dietary supplement or as a natural whole food, but today, we will focus on ginger benefits for men.
As stated by a study published in the Hawaii Medical Journal,
“Ginger has been used safely for thousands of years in cooking, and medicinally in folk and home remedies. Advanced technology enables the validation of these traditional experiences.”
Ginger is an excellent product to take in supplement form because it is often difficult to use raw ginger. However, drinking fresh ginger juice or adding ginger to your daily meals is a great way to take advantage of the various benefits of ginger.
If you are interested in learning more about the specific health benefits of ginger for men, keep reading below!
What Are Some of the Main Ginger Benefits for Men?
Ginger has an incredibly large number of health benefits, and for centuries, it has been used to heal and relieve many common ailments and serious diseases alike. Below is a list of some of the benefits men can find in ginger:
Helps Fight Cancer
Gingerol is an oil that is found in ginger, and it is not only an antioxidant but also a potent anti-cancer agent. According to researchers, not only do they prevent cancer, but they also safely destroy cancerous cells without any known side effects.
Studies have routinely shown that cancers that can be cured or positively impacted by ginger are prostate cancer, colon, skin, ovarian, and breast cancer.
According to a study published in Food and Chemical Toxicology,
“Some pungent constituents present in ginger and other zingiberaceous plants have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, and some of them exhibit cancer preventive activity in experimental carcinogenesis. The anticancer properties of ginger are attributed to the presence of certain pungent vallinoids, viz. -gingerol and -paradol, as well as some other constituents like shogaols, zingerone etc.”
Ginger, or any other antioxidant such as this, is best used as preventative medicine, being routinely used daily to ward off any attacks against your body.
Enhances the Immune System
Ginger is well-known to be very useful in strengthening the immune system. Common ailments and autoimmune diseases such as fever, cold, and allergies can be prevented by intaking ginger consistently. Especially for cold and fever, ginger tea is especially effective.
Ginger tea is a soothing warm drink which works wonders in the winter time!
Ginger Strengthens the Heart
Not only does ginger help reduce the level of cholesterol that is absorbed into the body, it also helps to lower the levels of triglycerides that are already formed.
This helps to thwart cholesterol plaque that contributes to atherosclerosis (a serious condition that contributes to stroke and heart disease).
Ginger Aids with Asthma Prevention and Cure
Asthma is an inflammatory ailment that blocks the airways to the point where breathing becomes hard. Personally, I have always suffered from severe asthma. One of the greatest health benefits of ginger I have found is its ability to control inflammation in the lungs and bronchial chords.
According to a study published in the Pakistan Journal of Nutrition,
“although the ginger dose in our study was ½ its therapeutic dose (1-4 grams), the ginger showed effective in reducing the asthmatic symptoms.”
Ginger possess a lot of anti-inflammatory properties, and can help to lower inflammation so that one can breathe better each day. As the inflammation reduces, mucus production will also be reduced. I have found ginger tea especially useful for drinking at night, as it helps me breathe easier and steadier while sleeping; and, waking up with more “fresh” lungs!
Harmful stomach acids that can contribute to ulcers formation can be very well neutralized with ginger.
As claimed in a study published by the Journal of Ethnopharmacology,
“6-Gingerol, the pungent principle, at 100 mg/kg significantly inhibited gastric lesions by 54.5%. These results suggest that zingiberene, the terpenoid, and 6-gingerol are important constituents in stomachic medications containing ginger.”
Men who have high-stress jobs and who are at high-risk of ulcers should strongly consider using a ginger supplement! Preventing ulcers is certainly one of the top ginger benefits for men!
Ginger Helps with Nausea
Ginger is very effective in helping with many different types of nausea as numerous studies have shown.
These studies state that ginger helps with morning sickness due to pregnancy, fever, motion sickness, and sickness due to surgery or chemotherapy.
As stated in a study published in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy,
“While data are insufficient to recommend ginger universally and there are concerns with product quality due to limited regulation of dietary supplements, ginger appears to be a fairly low-risk and effective treatment for nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy.”
As a personal anecdote about ginger and nausea, I was given ginger extract instead of any other medication by a pharmacist in Belgium for the use with a mild case of flu-like symptoms and an upset stomach; while playing professional basketball in the country.
I was extremely surprised by this since in America they pharmacist assuredly would have reached for Tums or something similar. The ginger extract worked fast and better than I could have ever expected! I was so surprised by this and will absolutely use this treatment again in the future!
Ginger Can Minimize Body Odor
Funny enough, ginger may increase body odor temporarily because the body goes through a detoxifying stage first. However, it can help to eradicate body odor in the long run!
This is because ginger contains antioxidants which help to discharge toxins in the body, and then help the body to eradicate the produced toxins through the sweat glands.
Best Ginger Supplement
For those men (or women) who would like to try a ginger supplement, there are two different ginger supplements which I believe you will enjoy.
If you would like to try a very conventional ginger supplement, my suggestion is:
- OPTIMAL DOSE FOR SIMPLE SUPPLEMENTATION Each of our ginger pills provides 550 milligrams of pure Zingiber officinale, the ginger dosage most frequently recommended by medical experts and herbalists. As a result, you only have to take one of our ginger capsules per dose!
- A TRULY NATURAL SOLUTION Unlike other ginger tablets on the market, our ginger root capsules are truly all natural. We never add artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives to our ginger root, making it a true natural remedy for those who want to use ginger for pregnancy symptoms, digestive support or its anti-inflammatory benefits
- EASY TO SWALLOW Our ginger root pills come in a capsule form, so they're very easy to take, even if you're suffering from nausea symptoms
- At Herbal Secrets we believe in what a wise man once said, "All that man needs for health and healing has been provided in nature, the challenge of science is to find it". We are passionate in bringing to you premium quality herbal supplements to stay healthy the natural way without artificial preservatives, unnecessary fillers and harsh chemicals.
- All Herbal Secrets products are proudly made in USA in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure high quality. All our products are Third Party Tested.
However, if you would like to try something a bit different, I suggest:
- THE TRUSTED NAME FOR DIGESTIVE HEALTH. For over 10 years, tummydrops have been the trusted natural approach to your family's digestive health & upsets. Each batch is 3rd party tested for strength & purity. Want a copy? Contact us with the lot number on the back.
- FORMULATED BY DIGESTIVE EXPERT DR. DUSTIN JAMES, MD. A collaboration of science & nature, tummydrops were formulated through clinical trials by Dr. Dustin James, MD, a Board-Certified Gastroenterologist, for his own patients & are now available to everyone.
- RECOMMENDED BY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS. Tummydrops are recommended by OB Docs and Midwives, Dietitians, GI docs, Nephrologists, School RN’s & more as a natural way to assist with symptoms common in nausea, upset stomachs, motion sickness, morning sickness, VR sickness, & for other digestive complaints.
- MADE WITH A PATENT-PENDING ORGANIC GINGER EXTRACT only available with tummydrops, which may assist with occasional nausea, upset stomach, morning sickness, & motion sickness*. Some flavors such as natural ginger and enchanted spice intense ginger can be quite spicy & may be too intense for some. Please see our intensity scale on this product detail page before buying to find the best tummydrop for you.
- KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY-THE DIFFERENCE IS REAL. Unlike other digestive lozenges, tummydrops are designed by an EXPERT DIGESTION PHYSICIAN and supported by REAL CLINICAL SCIENCE. Unlike other lozenges with rice syrup, tummydrops use InfantSafe brown rice syrup which is certified & tested to NOT contain heavy metals like arsenic. TUMMYDROPS ARE THE ONLY natural digestive lozenge 3rd party CERTIFIED Oregon Tilth USDA ORGANIC, GLUTEN-FREE (GFCO), KOSHER (Kof-K), and Non-GMO PROJECT
These are the two best ginger supplements, in my opinion, although the Tummydrops are a bit more enjoyable! My wife has been using the Tummydrops Ginger while she has been pregnant, and they work well for nausea for her.
Regardless, I believe these are the two best ginger supplements to choose from!
Concluding Thoughts – Health Benefits of Ginger for Men
Ginger is classified as one of the safest remedies in the world, and the list of health benefits of ginger is vast at every turn. A maximum of six grams of ginger root is recommended just to be on the safe side. Ginger can be easily packed in many various forms, and this is a benefit that many physicians cherish.
You can get fresh ginger root from a nearby market, or ginger powder or capsule from health stores. If you happen to be a lover of fresh remedies, don’t forget to add ginger root in your selection of useful natural treatments.
21st century science is finally catching up with collecting information about the many health benefits of ginger, while Traditional Chinese Medicine has employed it for centuries.
Ginger has a lot of health benefits that we possibly still don’t know of, and further studies would prove to be very helpful.
Though we already know a lot about ginger, there’s nonetheless a great deal we still have to figure out, as we just have to be open-minded and discover the many excellent health benefits of ginger!