Dreams have different meanings for different people. Dream interpretation is a subject of great interest for all those who deal with the psyche and in-depth understanding of human behavior and psychology.
However, it will not be wrong to say that undoubtedly, there is a close connection between the subconscious mind and your dreams.
In this write-up, let us focus mainly on the following topics, namely,
- How is the Subconscious Mind Related to Dreams?
- Dream Interpretation
- How Can Your Subconscious Mind Control Your Dreams?
Let us take one sub-topic at a time.
1.) How is the Subconscious Mind Related to Dreams?
Your subconscious mind never sleeps. Even while you are sleeping, it continues to work round the clock. Everything ranging from how you breathe, your behavior, how your organs function, cell division, cell growth, and various bodily, as well as psychological functions, are controlled by it.
Since your subconscious mind remains awake even while you are sleeping, it is responsible for your dream.
Also, since symbols, metaphors, and various other visuals are what dreams occur, and the subconscious mind thinks that way in these forms, often, the meaning of dreams is difficult to understand.
When you sleep, this is the time when the brain connects forming mental visuals and images.
2.) Dream Interpretation
Often, you must have come across people asking questions like “What do dreams mean.”
There are many schools of thoughts that explain a particular dream. However, every dream depends on your general state of mind while you are awake.
Dreams occur for the following reasons-
- They represent desires and wishes that you harbor in your unconscious mind
- It might also mean that dream interpretation is random signals that the brain generates.
Dreaming has various functions to perform that include the following-
- You can prepare to face impending threats
- Memory reprocessing
- Real life incidents that are simulated
One classical example is dreaming about water. Often, it denotes the metal turmoil you are going through if the water in the dream is turbulent and violent.
Alternatively, it indicates your current state of mind of the water you dream is calm and gives you joy.
So, there are different meanings of dreams, depending on what your state of mind is.
Dreams can be images that are romantic, sad, troublesome, entertaining, and frightening, to name a few emotions.
3.) How Can Your Subconscious Mind Control Your Dreams?
Scientists and psychologists have always found this subject a mysterious aspect. However, few studies reveal that you can control your dreams, and how is it exactly done?
Read the points below:
- If you want to let us say solve a current problem in your life, you must ponder over the problem for as long as you can before you retire to bed.
- The next thing in the morning – do not jump out of bed the moment you wake up. Try to recall what you dreamt.
- Promptly jumping out of bed will make your dreams wipe put instantly.
- Try to experience REM or Rapid Eye Movement
- Write down the dreams and your feelings about the same
Next time, you can “choose” to dream about something by pondering or thinking about it for as long as you can before sleeping. It may sound a little awkward, but studies have revealed the same.