In the modern world, we all are busy. We are always running; running to work; running back from work and so on. The hectic schedule and busy life give us hardly any time; it becomes quite problematic to live a healthy lifestyle. The hectic routine makes us settle for a sandwich instead of a proper lunch, no time for exercise and so on.
Cli The food that we consume now is not debarred of all the chemicals and hence affects our body.
In such a situation, it becomes crucial to keep our body healthy by other means.
A 35-year-old person requires much more than just food to get energy. Exercise has to be a part of the daily routine.
But what kind of exercise is suitable for an aging person? It might be shocking to you, but strength is one of the best ways to stay fit with growing age. Yes, weightlifting.
Strength training comes with its own set of advantages. It is beneficial for aging people. And it almost eliminates the problems of joint pains.
Why Strength Training is Good for Aging People
- It helps to combat the symptoms of osteoarthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, back pain, and so on.
- Easy weight management.
- It improves body balance.
- It helps to beat insomnia.
- It helps to improve glucose control.
- It increases metabolism.
- It keeps the person fit with growing age.
What Kind of Strength is Desirable for Aging People?
It is a myth that old and aging people shouldn’t lift heavy weights. Let’s see why it is beneficial to lift weights. A recent study has shown that weightlifting has a good impact on the body and is good for maintaining a healthy heart. This study was published by the Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise.
It said that if you lift a weight for a week, for less than an hour daily, you might reduce the risk of a heart attack. And this is a piece of great news for the people dealing with heart issues.
Strength training for aging people is beneficial beyond health benefits.
Resistance exercise assures excellent bone health and proper physical functions. It assures a better and longer quality life. Strength training also boosts the emotional and mental strength of aging people. It gives them a sense of independence even with their growing age.
What Should Be In Your Exercise Routine?
- Some exercises that will make the core muscles work. This should include the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, legs, and core.
- Keep alternate days to work on the major muscle areas. Allow the muscles to rest and recover.
- The weight being used should be enough.
One of the most exciting parts of strength training is that you can do it with or without weights.
Strength Training with Weights:
- The leg press is beneficial for working on the lower body.
- The chest press is a good way to work on your chest areas.
- Opt for trunk curl to work on the abs.
Strength Training Without Weights:
- Squats are an inevitable part of any fitness routine.
- The dumbbell chest press is a good substitute for chest press.
- Crunches are a good way to work out your abs muscles.
- Exercises like back extensions keep your lower back engaged.
For strength training one of the most difficult parts is to choose the right weight. This requires a little trial and error method. Go for the lightweight first, to test your endurance, and increase the weight gradually; the exercise makes you stronger.
Allow your body to recover. For beginners, a day’s rest is crucial between the workouts.
Weight training by older people builds their motivation and confidence. A study has shown the impact of weight training on the mind and emotional strength of older people,a research also claim that strength training also increases the testesterone level. Exercise and weight training help to age better.
Our body starts to lose muscle mass by the early 40s and it is crucial that we work on our body.
Strength training also has anti-aging benefits. The training keeps you younger and ensures a quality life. Aging is natural; we can’t stop it. But we can resist the side effects of aging. There are other exercises that can be profitable for the aging body.
With age, it is crucial to maintain a healthy body. Appropriate food and exercise are essential for a healthy body.