If you are thinking of signing up for either of these two home delivery meal plans (the South Beach Diet or Nutrisystem), then a working knowledge of the differences and similarities both of them can help you make an informed decision of which is better for your lifestyle.
The two biggest diet plans companies in the diet meal delivery industry are Nutrisystem and the South Beach Diet, and they are the most popular diet plans available online today. Although they are very similar, one of them is probably better suited for you.
To answer the question of which one you should use, let’s have a closer look at each of these meal plans.
Ensure you picked a winner once you have digested this information!
South Beach Diet Plan
The South Beach Diet plan gets its name from a book by cardiologist Dr. Agatston, and it promises to burn the fat of users by optimizing their metabolism with high protein/low-carb diet meal plans. On this diet plan, users eat more but take in fewer calories than they normally would.
There are 3 meal plans or phases to choose from, and they are all tailored to the weight loss goals of users.
The three phases include:
- A 7-day Reboot: This helps to reset the body system enabling it to acclimatize to the fast weight loss regime. The acclimatization phase is the hardest phase to get used to but it only lasts for a week.
- Steady Weight Loss: In this stage your body must have got used to the new food routine and now burns fats instead of carbs. You are encouraged to eat more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains to lose weight at a steady pace.
- Maintenance Stage: At this stage you must have met your weight loss goals. All that is required now will be to maintain that weight so you don’t slide backward. At this stage your metabolism has been optimized and your can enjoy eating all foods in moderation.
Read More: Home Remedies for Burning Belly Fat Fast
Nutrisystem Diet Plans
Nutrisystem, like the South Beach Diet, is a wonderful meal delivery service with a track record of successful results reported by users. It combines three elements in an effort to combat overweight and improve metabolism:
- Potion Control: By scientifically administering portion control, users will no longer go through the hassles involved in counting the calorie content of what they eat. The meals are perfectly portioned to deliver best results.
- Balanced Nutrition: The pre-made meals are all scientifically proven to have the right mix of nutrients for proper body function
- Frequent Meals: Users to Nutrisystem eat six times a day, three full meals, two snacks and one dessert. What more could you ask for. Eating more but healthy.
What are the Differences Between Nutrisystem and the South Beach Diet?
Although both diets are high in protein from a nutritional perspective, the South Beach Diet is lower in protein than the Nutrisystem diet plan. A closer look at the menu choices will reveal which plan has a lower-carb diet than the other.
Waffles, pasta are pizzas are common items on the Nutrisystem menu because they allow for more carb dishes.
See Also: Complex Carbs for Bodybuilding
South Beach meal delivery approach utilizes a 3 phase approach just as we discussed above with specific weight loss target for each of these goals. If you reach your target weight loss at phase two you can stop the meal delivery plan without proceeding to stage three.
This approach makes the South Beach Diet plan have a more refined end than the never-ending Nutrisystem plan.
Meal delivery specialty plans that cater to the needs of diabetic patients and vegetarians can be found with the Nutrisystem diet plan but are not available on the South Beach diet plan.
Regarding cost per day, both diet plans cost roughly $10-12 per day. They significantly cost lesser than what you are currently paying for meals daily. Overall, Nutrisystem is slightly less expensive.
Concluding Thoughts – Nutrisystem vs the South Beach Diet
Overall, most users have found it hard to stick to a low carb diet after completing the south beach diet plans. They were more likely to slide back into eating calorie-laden diet and gain more weight than with Nutrisystem.
However, choosing any of them is a personal decision that is fueled by your specific needs. Users have reported easy and seamless adjustments with Nutrisystem than with South beach diet plan.