The most comfortable place for you on the planet that is usually your home can become troublesome if it is encountered with household pests. All homes can occasionally become homes for the pests also, if not taken the desired steps to get rid of them.
Types of Household Pests:
While most of the pests can act as a cause of nuisance, others may cause serious trouble like biting, stinging and transmitting diseases. Also, some pests can even cause structural damage to the value of your home.
To do away with this problem, reaching out for a bug spray seems to be the easiest & effective option available. But, here proper understanding of the situation is required with a healthy and adaptable solution.
While there are almost hundreds of varieties of household pests like bug, ant, cockroach, mice, fly, dust fly etc., the most common and troublesome can be fleas.
Fleas can be found in and out the humans and feed on humans, pets and other animals.
How to Prevent And Treat Flea Bites:
Fleas are known as parasitic insect that feeds on the blood of mammals (human, pets) and birds. Flea bites are often recognized with redness, constant itching and swelling of the affected area of the skin. This may often occur with 2-3 spots or clusters with redness around the skin.
If you fail to eliminate the reproduction of fleas in your home, they can literally make your home into a living hell, taking the place all over. But, fret not, there are ways to prevent flea bites indoor and outside.
You can opt for a flea spray with IGR, flea bombs or flea trappers, but the best solution depends on the individual situation. Let’s have a look on the ways to treat flea bites:
1) The simplest step for preventing flea bites is to vacuum your furniture and furnishings on a daily basis. The focus of vacuuming should be on sofas, carpets, beds and the places where your pets often stay.
2) You can use a flea repellent on your body while sleeping and at times when the fleas are most active.
3) If you wish to go a natural way, you can apply lavender oil, peppermint oil, cedar wood oil, eucalyptus oil that may help to prevent flea bites.
4) Still if you are struggling with flea infestation, then the last resort should be calling the professional flea exterminator.
Ways To Treat Flea Bites:
There are some natural and home remedies that can help treat the flea bites at home only. Let’s have a look on some of the ways to treat flea bites:
1) Wrapping ice packs in a towel and rubbing it on the infected area can help prevent the swelling and itching.
2) Apply Aloe Vera in gel or cream form, depending upon the suitability of the individual. This will lessen the redness, swelling and irritation on the skin.
3) If you are feeling uneasy with the constant itching, try out applying some witch hazel on the affected area.
4) Use tea tree oil to get some temporary relief from itching.
5) To relieve inflammation, it’s recommended to use cold teabags from the freezer and apply it on the flea bitten area.
6) Rubbing alcohol on the skin can also act as a good way to treat flea bite.
By following the above home remedies, you can get a temporary relief but if the irritation and selling continues to increase, it’s advised to see a doctor. Also, always avoid scratching the flea bites as this will create an open wound that can let the bacteria in, leading to infection.