The debate for numero-uno slot in between the traditional coconut oil and the newer concept of MCT oil has been going on amongst dieters and exercising community for quite some time now.
Well, to start with we think that MCT Oil wins the crown straight-cut and in our today’s article we shall substantiate our viewpoint with scientifically acclaimed backings.
So, read on to know more about these healthy fats and don’t forget to visit KetoaHolics for getting your hands on the best version of MCT Oil available.
Learn More: How to Use MCT Oil
Comprised of High Test Fats
One tablespoon of coconut oil consists of about 60% medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) whereas the remaining 40% is made up of other fats having their own benefits.
MCT again is made up of lauric, Capric, caproic and Caprylic acids. However, lauric acid cannot boost up your weight loss process much given its limited scope of action. Caproic acid also does not have a big role to play in boosting up ketone production.
Caprylic and Capric acids are the biggest enhancers of the nutritional process, but given its 30% constituency in coconut oil, its effect gets almost nullified and takes a lot of time to start the nutritional ketosis process in our body.
Alternatively, MCT Oil is made up of only Caprylic and Capric acid, both of which are present in sufficient volume to add inertia to the fat burning process initiated in our anatomy.
Additional Reading: Benefits of Coconut Oil for Kids
Better Mental Energy Booster
Our brain produces energy by burning fat and ketones produced on administering MCT oil.
Ketones produced by our body fat as well as MCT Oil while we are undergoing the nutritional ketosis process crosses over the otherwise impenetrable blood-brain barrier for getting inside our brains. Our brain does not have to take up the tough route for gaining energy out of carbs.
The ketones help our brain in building up chemicals which assist in maintaining our sharpness, focus and relaxation of mind. Compared to coconut, MCT oil is a better option if you wish to eliminate scattered thoughts and brain fog by directing larger quantum of ketones into your brain.
The main reason behind the same is that coconut oil comprises a small fraction of the effective fatty acids, whereas MCT oil is a rich source of the same thus adding impetus to the ketone production.
Odorless And Flavorless Characteristics
MCT Oil is the perfect supplement for adding with your smoothies, coffee, tea and protein shake given its tasteless and odorless attributes. As a matter of fact, it enhances the flavor of other foods by making it tastier.
This is the main reason behind food scientists and chefs worldwide, making use of MCT Oil to hike up the taste quotient of other foods. Coconut oil carries a strong musk of coconut making even sushi taste like the same.
This flavor can easily overpower your favourite drinks, which surely won’t leave you with the best of scenarios.
Don’t forget to use a blender while blending MCT oil with your favorite smoothie for a rich creamy texture.
See Also: Coconut Products
Better Control Over Cravings
Brain exercises the supreme control over our food cravings and hunger by sending out signals directing us to eat.
Thus, cravings have a big role to play in derailing us from following the ultimate diet as we seldom make the mistake in distinguishing the state of between being hungry from feeling hungry.
Fat helps in curbing our appetites and MCT Oil serves as a ready-made source of healthy fats into our system.
MCT Oil is a better choice compared to coconut as it consists of greater ketosis boosting fats.