STDs have a funny way to enter our lives; a night of great pleasure turns the rest of the living days of any individual to a nightmare or a medicine fest. As STDs crawl slowly into the body doing its primary job, (killing the immune system), the life of a person associated with STD becomes extremely difficult.
But like it is said, not all is lost. A person with an STD can indeed live a normal and healthy life, thanks to medicinal progress and a plethora of options promoting an organic lifestyle.
Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy if you have STD!
Stay Close To Vegetables, Maintain A Green Lifestyle:
Staying healthy is something we are all taught since childhood. Whether we have chosen to listen to this advice or not in this past, now is the time. In the case of an STD, it is important for your body to get accustomed to a green diet. Here are few points for your quick checklist:
- Carbohydrates– Include them in good proportions, but stay away from products that are too much starch and sugar. Carbohydrates will give you energy and further strengthen the immunity system. Carbohydrates (including starches and sugars) give you energy.
- Protein- Say hello to protein as it will help you build muscles and a strengthen your immune system.
- Include good Fat in your diet as it will give you the energy to fight weakness.
- Include vitamins as they help you regulate the body processes.
- Minerals– Drink a lot of water, as it detoxifies your body, increases the level of minerals in your body and makes up other body tissues. Water also acts as a medium to gives your cells shape.
Things to Avoid While Maintaining a Healthy Diet When You Have an STD:
- Avoid eating seafood, meat, and raw eggs. A strict no to oysters/shellfish and sushi.
- Avoid alcohol and quit smoking permanently.
- Avoid the usage of drugs, including marijuana.
Some Water Tips to Encourage a Healthy Diet:
- Wash your hands regularly to avoid catching infections. Remember, even the air we breathe is polluted.
- Water is a carrier of diseases when it is in its polluted form. Avoid drinking water from ponds, lakes, rivers, and streams.
- We recommend you purchase store sealed water bottles for an infection-free body.
- While traveling, water safety becomes questionable. Avoid taking unpasteurized drinks and juice. Make bottled water your best friend.
- Use hand sanitizers when outside.
- To avoid getting any water-borne diseases, we recommend you use boiled water only for cooking and drinking.
- Wash your utensils more actively than before, and use clean cut boards to chop your vegetables.
- Make sure you use a different cutting board for raw meats.
Other Essential Tips to Consider for Maintaining a Healthy Life When you Have an STD:
Get Tested Regularly for Any Other STD:
Adding another STD (considering the immunity system is weak) into the body can worsen your conditions, but if a regular check-up is scheduled, things can be controlled. An STD Panel Test is recommended for people who already have an STD.
The panel test helps you get tested for the ten most common sexually transmitted diseases.
Try to Stay Stress-free:
Staying stress-free should be your motto for life. Stress can deeply affect your appetite and make your immune system weaker. To reduce stress you should:
- Listen to meditative music and practice Yoga.
- Try getting involved in a few extra-curricular activities as they will help you control your adrenaline levels and stay focused.
- Read books.
Exercise Your Mind and Body:
It is important to keep both your mind and body in sync with one another, regardless of having an STD or not.
Perform regular physical exercises like biking, jogging, walking, swimming, or any other exercise of choice to develop your physical stamina. Physical exercise helps keep depression in check, amongst other benefits.
On the other hand, mental exercises (like puzzles), which challenge your brain are strongly recommended.
These mental exercises will help in maintaining your cognitive health. The combination of physical and mental exercise will keep your mind and body perfectly balanced, and thus, strengthening your immune system.
Get A Lot of Sleep:
Lack of sleep in the case of individuals with STDs is common. Many patients have complained about insomnia to their doctors.
A sleep disorder can ruin your immunity system, so it is essential to get regular and quality sleep. The best way to enhance your sleep cycle is to reduce caffeine from your diet, do yoga and meditation regularly, and eat shortly before you go to bed.
There are other ways to improve your sleeping cycle, like listening to meditation music and practicing recommended Yoga asanas like Balasana, Viparita Karani, and Modified Sucirandhrasana. You can watch some YouTube videos to gain an understanding of these asanas.
Taking Extra Care of Your Oral and Dental Health:
When a person is diagnosed with an STD, many symptoms affect the oral health as well. Examples of oral health issues include Thrush, Fever Blisters,
Dryness in mouth, Oral Warts and Canker sores. As these symptoms grow in their magnitude of effect, it becomes difficult to swallow and eat.
The impact of these issues makes maintenance of dental hygiene an integral step for dealing with an STD.
Follow these simple steps and improve your dental and oral hygiene:
- Floss- Flossing is a great way to remove the extra and tiny deposits on your tongue or inside the cracks of your teeth.
- Say no to acidic food items
- Consult your dentist regularly for any unwanted dental issue.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
The Bottom Line:
It is said practice makes a man perfect, and this is why discipline is required in anything we do. The easiest way to stay healthy during this critical and continuous time of your life is to maintain discipline, not only in diet but in everything that has a potential to damage your immune system.
Follow these steps and practice safe sex.
STD is not a life stopper but a chance to renovate your health mechanism from scratch. You simply have to take extra care of your health.
If you are successful in doing so, then you can have a normal, healthy and happy life the way you deserve it.
All of this requires a little bit more focus, but it is worth it to stay healthy happy!