Do you have sagging skin on your eyebrows, forehead, or upper eyelids?
A forehead lift can help you. A forehead lift can restore a youthful appearance on face.
Experienced surgeons can help patients achieve the most natural-looking and long-lasting results.
When Should You Consider a Forehead Lift?
A forehead lift procedure may be recommended under the following conditions:
- To Remove Horizontal Wrinkle Lines Across the Forehead
- To Reduce Wrinkles on the Nose Bridge and Between the Eyes
- To Fade Vertical Frown Lines Between the Eyebrows
- To Lift Droopy Brows Leading to the Upper Eyelids Hooding
- To Make Eyebrows Lively and Give a Younger-Looking Position
You are a candidate for forehead lift if you are bothered by any of the following signs of aging:
- Unsightly Wrinkle Lines on the Forehead that Makes You Appear Older
- Vertical Frown Lines Between the Brows
- Frown Lines that Make You Look Angry
- Sagging Eyebrows
- Hooded Upper Eyelids that Make You Look Exhausted Even If You Aren’t
Risks and Potential Complications of the Forehead Lift Procedure
As with all kinds of surgeries, forehead lift also involves risks and complications. In some cases, complications may result in serious and life threatening.
These complications may develop during surgery or recovery.
- Reaction to Anesthesia
- Allergic Reaction
- Trouble with Breathing
- Bleeding – Which Leads to Shock
Reducing Risk of Complications
It is possible to minimize risk of complications by following the treatment plan offered by your doctor:
General tips to follow to reduce the risk of complications from forehead lift procedures include:
- Following recommendations on activity, restrictions on diet and lifestyle
- Following instructions before procedure and during recovery period
- Following instructions of doctors post-surgery
- Keeping head elevated
- Applying cold compresses for reducing swelling
- Informing doctor in case you are nursing or want to get pregnant
- Abstain from smoking completely. Smoking can increase your risk of poor wound healing. It can compromise aesthetic outcome of procedure
- Notifying your doctor of any concerns immediately. These include fever, redness in wound, drainage, bleeding, increase in pain, swelling
- Take all medications as directed by the doctor
- Inform members of your medical care team if you observe any allergies
When Should You Contact Doctor with Concerns About Your Health Afterwards?
It is important to keep your follow-up appointments after a brow lift. Contact your doctor for questions and concerns between appointments.
Call your doctor right away or seek immediate medical care if you have:
- Trouble Breathing (Wheezig, Shortness of Breath, Labored Breathing, Difficulty Breathing)
- Change in Alertness
- Pain in Chest
- Tightness in Chest
- Chest Pressure
- Fever (Watch out for low-grade fevers)
- Inability to Use the Restroom
- Pain in Leg
- Redness or Swelling in the Leg (Mainly in the Calf) Which Indicates a Blood Clot
- Pain that is Uncontrolled By Common Pain Medications
- Unexpected Drainage
- Sudden Pus, Swelling, or Redness of Incision
Forehead Lift and Daily Life
A forehead lift may affect your daily life? You may not be able to perm, straighten, or color your hair for at least a month after surgery.
You can get these hair treatments done before surgery.
The cosmetic procedure is aimed at making you look younger, more alert, and feel confident about your appearance. Most surgeons warn their patients to have realistic expectations about the procedure.
You must be aware of what eyebrow lift procedure can and cannot do for you. Discuss with your surgeon about the effects of the procedure on your overall appearance and self-image.