Cakes are an integral part of any celebrations. Nothing beats a rich, flavorful and sumptuous cake to celebrate auspicious occasions like birthdays and weddings. Buying the perfect cake, apt for any occasion is, even more, simpler these days.
In this well connected, online world, all you have to do is search the best cake options and order them. To aid you, many online portals like Bakeway cater specifically to cakes, providing a massive variety of cake options.
But you need to know what the current trends in cakes are, to stay a la mode. So here are five hottest and most popular cake trends in 2018.
But before we move on to trends, have you ever wondered where the tradition of celebrating birthdays with cake came to be?
It was started by Romans back in 8th Century and has been gladly carried forward by the later generations with zest. Back then cakes came in a basic form of a round flat sweet bread, made from wheat flour, grated cheese, eggs, olive oil, and honey.
Now doesn’t that sound like your regular cake? Bang on! Though the base recipe is still the same, a lot has changed in comparison to looks and trends. Today, cakes are nothing less than a piece of art.
Nowadays, cakes are adding stars to every celebrations, events or occasion.
The lip-smacking taste of the cakes wins everyone’s heart no matter what’s the age of the consumer.
Cakes make everything better by its beauty and delicious tastes.
Fitness Cake Trends – What Type of Cakes Are Most Popular?
There are a number of cakes available in the market that are tantalizing every foodie soul but beware if you are health conscious as many of them have a significant amount of calorie that results in weight gaining.
So, want to eat cake and in return don’t want weight gain than just have a look at these fitness cake recipes and trends that are sure to satisfy the hunger for cake and help you stay healthy and slim!
Many thanks to movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Trek, and Star Wars, we see a surge of space-inspired cakes that are out of this world!
On a base icing of black and blue, galaxy theme inspires an explosion of color and texture that literally reflects the big bang and great outer space. Talk about having an otherworldly cake!
If you have seen Facebook videos of the process of making a mirror glazed cake, you can’t help feel mesmerized by the creativity and the way pattern form with the flow of the glaze.
The result is such a serene, flawless finish that it shines and reflects, hence the name mirror glaze.
3D Concept Cake:
If you want to gift your loved ones a truly unique creation that resonates the things they love, a customized concept cake is the best choice. Using fondant, the creative cake artists make such incredible detailed cake based on a theme.
These themes can be based on favorite tv series and books like Game of Thrones, to personal favorite activity or passion like for people who love photography gifting a camera shaped cake. All you have to do is visualize and let the cake artist work their magic.
There can be no better gift than a customized cake to make your dear ones feel truly special.
Naked and Semi Naked Cakes
Fashion keeps rebooting and what was then chucked off as old-fashioned, time and again makes a comeback with zeal. One such theme is the nature-inspired boho-chic style naked cake with minimalistic jazz.
Naked or Semi-naked cakes with trifling use of buttercream and a topping of succulent berries and fresh fruits has made a major come back and is here to stay. Every cake is a pastiche of effortless beauty imbibing the very essence of refined natural beauty.
Over the Top
It is true what they say, “We feast with our eyes before anything else”. So when you say you want a chocolate cake, why stop at a regular chocolate sponge cake with chocolate icing?
Why not indulgent in to cake topped with candies, Nutella, cookies, chocolate bars, M&M’s, macarons, marshmallows and all the major dessert food groups in one?
Call it death by chocolate if you will, but this FreakCake trend is one big feast for all.
Fitness Cake Recipes – Fitness Cakes You Can Make on Your Own!
Dietary Chocolate Cake
Chocolates have become the lifeline of today’s youngsters. Its demand is constantly increasing.
Chocolate cake is one of the most popular cakes that is gaining popularity because of its delectable taste. This dietary chocolate cake is a suitable cake that will offer you taste as well as health benefits too.
Let’s have a look how this delicious cake is prepared:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Take two cake pans of 9 inch, grease the bottom and corners of the cake pans. In a bowl take the cake mix and stir it together with cocoa powder, oil, eggs and water.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven till it’s perfect. Test it with a toothpick to know whether it’s perfectly baked or not.
- Remove it from pan and allow it to cool. When it is completely cool then you can frost it.
Learn More: Cocoa vs Chocolate
A cake is not only for taste but also to beautify the health of the consumer.
This carrot cake will surely offer you a perfect sweet treat to your taste buds as well as provide you with the nutrients that are perfect for your body.
To have an ideal carrot cake then you have to use some of the substitutes to make a delicious carrot cake that is perfect for you.
Steps to Prepare Carrot Cake:
- Take a medium bowl and combine brown sugar along with grated carrots. Leave it for one hour and then stir in raisins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Take two cake pans of 10-inch size, grease and flour the bottom and corners of the cake pans.
- Take a large bowl. Beat eggs till it becomes lighter. Gently beat vanilla, white sugar and oil in it. Add cinnamon, flour, baking soda and salt in it. Stir it properly. Finally, stir the mixture with the mixture of carrot and walnuts. Pour it into the prepared pans.
- Bake the mixture for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven. A proper test must be done with a toothpick to know that it is entirely baked or not. Cool it for 10 minutes prior removing from pan. When it’s completely cooled then frost it with cream cheese frosting.
Healthy Fruit Cake
Fruitcake is one of the most delicious cakes that offers taste as well as health benefits. If you are diet conscious, then you can go for this cake.
Steps to Prepare Fruit Cake
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease two round cake pans of 9 inch.
- Take a big bowl and mix butter, vanilla, sugar and condensed milk. Sieve flour, baking powder and soda thrice to mix it well. Stir it constantly to make a perfect batter. You can add milk to get the right consistency of batter.
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes till it is done well. Take it out from oven and allow it to cool.
- When it’s cool, then you can do the icing. Decorate it with fresh fruits according to your choice.
Mascarpone is a traditional type of Italian cheese that has been made near Milan for centuries.
Its mild flavor and soft texture make it ideal for a variety of sweet and savory dishes, and the cheese is frequently found in classic Italian meals or modern cuisine.
Traditional mascarpone is made from nothing but whole cream and citric or tartaric acid, so it is full of protein and does not contain many chemicals.
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumble pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- An hour before beginning, remove the cheese from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a mixture to beat together all ingredients besides eggs until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Fill a large pan with an inch of water.
- Pour mixture into crust, and place the dish containing the crust into the pan of water.
- Bake for 50 minutes until set.
- Cool on the counter for an hour, and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Concluding Thoughts – Fitness Cake Trends & Recipes
Cakes have come a long way from being a simple ritual of breaking sweet bread loaf with family and dear friends, to this glorified version of mesmerizing artwork which is dotted as a prime attraction of any celebration.
No matter what the occasion is, flaunt your unique style by selecting the most trending cake that best fits the occasion and makes it extraordinary.
Want to have cake in your celebration or just for fun, then go for order cake online in Bangalore.
Winni, an online platform that provides cake delivery in 480+ cities of India. Get your delicious cake from Winni. Go ahead and place your order now!