Exercise machines aren’t just for the gym. More and more people are buying exercise machines, so they can workout in the privacy of their homes on their own schedule. Gym hours aren’t always convenient or inclement weather may keep you from traveling.
Home exercise machines are usually a little more compact than the professional gym versions and require less space.
You can own your favorite gym exercise machine for less money than you think. I am personally a fan of the Jacob’s Ladder Machine, but that is normally not what most people consider to be a home exercise machine.
Many department stores and exercise equipment retailers offer home exercise machines starting at around $500. Sometimes gyms offer used equipment for sale. If you buy used equipment, make sure you check it out thoroughly and ask for a warranty.
Treadmills are one of the more popular home exercise machines. Some treadmills allow you to walk and run on a flat surface or on an inclined surface.
The speed can be varied from a leisure walking pace to a fast run.
Computerized machines allow you to program a variable working by changing the speed and incline. You can measure the “distance” you walk on a treadmill, which helps you to figure out how many calories you burn during your workout.
You can burn up to 100 calories per mile when you walk at a moderately quick pace for one mile.
Walking, jogging and running are excellent aerobic exercises which strengthen the cardiovascular system and strengthen your whole body. A treadmill can help you achieve greater cardiovascular health with less stress on our joints and muscles.
- Interactive personal training at home powered by iFit; 1 year iFit membership included with your treadmill; gain access to on demand, interactive trainer led global and studio workout programs ($396 value)
- Immersive 10” HD smart touchscreen display, FlexSelect cushioning, and EKG grip pulse sensors for a comfortable, informed run
- Enjoy reduced motor noise and self-cooling technology with a powerful 2.6 CHP DurX commercial plus motor perfect for running, jogging, and walking in the comfort of your home
- 10% Automatic Incline-Matching technology, 10 MPH smart speed adjustment; spacious 20” x 55” tread belt
- Innovative SpaceSaver design with easy lift assist means your treadmill can fold up after your run for compact, simple storage
Elliptical machines combine a treadmill-type walking exercise with an “elliptical” motion of the legs.
Elliptical machines provide the user with a powerful cardiovascular workout, while working most of the major muscle groups of both the upper and lower body. This machine often includes handles that workout the arms and chest.
They can be used on an incline, at different speeds, varying levels of resistance and stride.
You can also use an elliptical machine in reverse to exercise the back of the thighs and hamstrings. Unlike a treadmill where your feet impact with the machine, your foot remains in contact with the elliptical machine to provide a low-impact workout.
- Front drive design, 17 inch stride length, soft grips upper body workout arms, oversized pedals, Inertia enhanced flywheel
- 12 resistance levels, iPod compatible audio, transport wheels, adjust leveling feet, water bottle holder
- IFit ready, large LCD display, 12 workout apps, EKG heart rate monitor
- 250 pound weight capacity
- The ProForm 150I elliptical is protected with a 5 year frame warranty and 90 day parts & labor warranty
Bicycling is an effective way to exercise your body and get a challenging cardiovascular workout.
A stationary exercise bike is compact and easy to use. The resistance of the pedals can be adjusted for a leisurely ride or a really tough workout that will have you sweating and increase your heart rate. A stationary bicycle is low-impact and easy on your joints.
Many people enjoy using a stationary bike while watching their favorite television program. You can add a book holder and read your favorite magazine or book while riding.
Advantages of Buying Your Own Spin Bike to Have at Home
If fitness is your priority, then buying a bike for spinning at home is highly recommended. You can save the money you are going to spend on monthly gym membership.
If you have already set up a workout room, then the new spin bike will be a good addition to it.
Home gyms are getting more popular these days and you should set up a home gym if you haven’t already.
After all, fitness is really important. If you don’t have time to go to gym every day, then having a stationary bike at home will be able help maintain your fitness levels intact.
Saying Goodbye to Excuses
Going to the gym on a daily basis can be an issue for many people.
Only someone with discipline will be able to do that. If you lack in that department, you will end up making lot of excuses to skip the gym. In that case, having a spin bike at home will be really useful. Now you don’t have any excuses to skip your training.
When it comes to daily exercise, it is important to have the commitment. If you skip it for few days, then it will be really difficult to get back to the groove again.
When you have a spin bike at home, you will be able to stick to your regular workout session. And that will make it easy for you to achieve your fitness goals.
Additional Resource: Anna Victoria – Fit Body App
It’s Less Restrictive at Home
When you are at the gym, you will have to be conscious about the surroundings. And that will make the workout session less fun.
For instance, if you like to listen to music while using the spin bike you will be forced to use a headset for the same.
There is no such restriction when you are at home.
You can turn on your home stereo and listen to all your favorite tracks in full volume! Even better, you can watch your favorite TV show while using the spin bike. In short, cycling at home can be a far more entertaining experience.
Home Provides Required Privacy!
Well, if you are looking for one reason to buy a spin bike then we have to bring up privacy.
When you are using your spin bike at home, you will have the required privacy.
You can wear whatever you wish to wear. And you can do it at your comfortable pace and settings. Also, you can have your bike wherever you want at your home.
You can have it closer to the window to enjoy the outside view. Or you can have it before your TV. Privacy and comfort are ensured when you are using spin bike at home.
24×7 Home Gym
When it comes to your regular gym, there are timings you have to follow. They are not open all the time, especially at odd hours during the night.
There is no such issue when it comes to your home gym.
Your home gym is functional 24×7. May be you had a long day at work and just reached home at night. You don’t want to skip your workout.
What will you do?
Well, this is exactly why you need a home gym. You don’t need to have many pieces of equipment in the beginning.
You can even start with a spin bike and later bring more equipment.
Whether it is midnight or middle of the day, you can use your stationary bicycle at home to get all the stationary bike benefits you are looking for! For someone who is very particular about fitness, you must have a spin bike at home.
Nobody is Staring at You
Another good thing about using your spin bike at home is that you can avoid those eyes staring right at you.
That’s one inconvenience when it comes to your local gym.
You will find people staring at you all the time when you go to the gym. This can make you uncomfortable and conscious. In that case, your home gym can be the right place to exercise.
You can have a peaceful exercise session on your spin bike. If you are someone who doesn’t like to have too many people around, then you will enjoy the time you have with your spin bike at home.
If you take your fitness seriously, then it is important to have a home gym. And your home gym is nothing without a spin bike. If you love to use spin bike, then buying one for yourself for your home use will be greatly satisfying for you.
The Best Spin Bikes for Home Use
If you are working out at home, you need to have the best spin bike that you can use at home. A lot of people are taking spinning classes because of the benefits that they can achieve from the sessions.
But you don’t need to go to these classes when you have your own spin bike right at the comforts of your home.
Did you know that you can find the best spin bike under $500?
Yes, that’s correct.
Now, you don’t need to spend a huge amount of money to buy a bike for spinning. But before you purchase one, you need to know why these bikes are different from other stationary bikes. All of these bikes are available from online retailers.
The spin bike is a stationary bike with a “fixed wheel” feature. The best spin bike for home was specifically developed for you to be able to find your perfect pedaling style while getting a cardiovascular workout.
Like other spin bikes, this is very adjustable when it comes to the height of the handlebars and seat post.
The reach is can also be adjusted. If you have used road bikes, the seats of this spin bikes are the same with those.
If you are ready to know the best spin bikes of 2018, here is a short list of the Top 3 spin bikes that would suit your home spin bike sessions.
NexHt Spin Bike
This spin bike is one of the best for home use. It can carry 280 lbs of maximum weight per user. This has an LCD monitor and the designed to help you achieve the figure that you have always dreamed of.
If you use this regularly, you will enjoy the benefit of better blood circulation, it will speed up your metabolism, and will also tone your muscles as you burn calories.
- Perfect for body workout training , health improving, muscle building, weight loss, cellulite reduction, promoting blood circulation and metabolism . People who exercise before or after work are happier, suffer less stress, and are more productive.
- Heavy-duty Crank and Steel Frame with a 24.3 lbs Flywheel. Max User weight up to 280 lbs. Transportation Wheels for Easy Portability.
- Motivational LCD Console Displays with5 functions :Time, Speed, Distance, Total Distance, Calories with Scan Feature
- Handlebar &Resistance. The seat can be adjusted for height and proximity to handlebars! With a simple twist of a knob, you can adjust to remain comfortable when riding for long periods of time. Adjustable Inseam Height Max. 31.5 in/ Min. 25.6 in.
- Belt Drive Mechanism for Smooth and Quiet Workouts. Easy to assemble, all High Safety and 100% Guarantee. Warranty for 1 Year.
XtremepowerUS PRO SPIN 40
This very attractive spin bike has a sleek, black finish with lime-green accents. This looks sporty and modern and can carry up to 320 lbs of maximum user weight.
It also has LCD monitor and a flywheel that weighs 40 lbs. This is the reason for the spin bike stability and allows the rider to achieve plenty of momentum while working out.
- Quality and Durability - The heavy duty steel frame and crank adds essential quality and durability to go the distance, no matter what your fitness goals.
- Water Bottle Holder - The convenient bottle holder keeps your favorite refreshing beverage at arm's length! Proper hydration will ensure your health and workout performance stays at optimum levels.
- Multi-Functional Digital Monitor - Tracking your progress is simple with the Multi-functional Digital Monitor! Displaying your Distance, Heart Rate, Speed, Lasting Time and Calories, you will be able to see your results to keep you motivated and on pace.
- Leather Padded Seat - Fully adjustable leather padded seat, moves forward/back & up/down. Seat can be adjusted for height and proximity to handlebars! With a simple twist of a knob, you can move back and forth (and up / down) so your workout can remain comfortable when riding for long periods of time.
- Adjustable Handlebars - Padded adjustable handlebars that move up and down in height. Multi-grip ergonomic handlebar designed for all types of hand and grip positions for maximum comfort. The middle section even has a nice area to prop up your favorite book or tablet to keep you going for your long workout.
URSTAR Spin Bike
This is one of the most comfortable spin bikes that you should consider. This has all the spin bike features that you are looking for like the adjustable seat and handlebar. This can carry up to 250 lbs of user weight with an LCD display screen.
You can use the screen to monitor your burned calories, distance, pulse as well as the speed and time.
The good thing about the spin bike is that, they have flywheels that are lightweight.
These flywheels are what keeps the pedals going. If you have the best spin bike, then this is the best way to tone your muscles while burning your calories at the same time. Most people purchase spin bikes to avoid the per session charge of spin classes.
For the home exerciser who wants a little tougher workout machine, a rowing machine fits the bill. Rowing machines engage your legs, arms and abdominal muscles. An ERG rowing machine gives you a steady workout for all the major muscle groups, including your heart and lungs.
Depending on your weight and the speed and tension of your rowing, you can burn between 400 and 600 calories per hour.
In addition to losing weight and burning fat, a rowing machine helps to improve muscle definition in your arms and legs.
- Low impact workout that engages all major muscle groups; work legs, core and arms with a smooth, high calorie-burning motion
- Track your progress with real-time reliable data; the Performance Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for comparable results; connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps (not included)
- Designed to fit most users: 14-inch seat height, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage; caster wheels make it mobile; easy to assemble with only eight screws. Space Recommendations- Assembled- 8 ft x 2 ft (244 cm x 61 cm). For Storage- 25 in x 33 in x 54 in (63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm)
- Space recommended for use is 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound user capacity; 5-year frame warranty included.Seat Height:14 inches.Users with an inseam of 38 inches (96.5 cm) or more may require an extra-long monorail
Climbing stairs is a great way to get a good whole-body workout. Stair stepper machines help you get the benefit of climbing stairs without the stress on your joints that actually climbing stairs can cause.
You can change the resistance of the down step and the elevation of the upward step.
Some stair steppers have an option to vary the speed as well. You can program some computerized models for interval training by speed, resistance, and height.
Additional Things to Consider When Making a Home Gym
Going to the gym every single day can be a tiring work.
Especially, if the gym is far away from your home. Sometimes, laziness gets the best of us and we skip days here and there.
Those days become weeks and before we know we’ve fallen off the healthy lifestyle bandwagon.
An awesome way to combat this is to make a gym at home. There are countless benefits of making a gym at your own home. Some of those are:
If you’ve been working out for a long time, then you know how hard it is to motivate yourself. If you have a gym inside your very own house, then you will feel motivated to work out and be in the best shape possible.
If you live far away from your gym, then you can save a lot of time by making a gym at home. You can use those hours saved elsewhere, enjoy more time with your family and friends.
A gym membership can be sometimes very expensive. If you have a gym at home then you can get away with buying very little gym pieces of equipment. If you are a handy person then you can build the squat rack and bench-press by yourself.
This way you can save a lot of money!
Get Your Partner Involved!
If you have a gym at home you and your better half can workout together. Not only will this improve your relationship but will help both of you get in better shape and be healthy!
Get Some Soundproofing!
It is extremely crucial that you soundproof your gym room especially if you live in an apartment.
You definitely don’t want to bother your neighbors or your housemates with all the weights dropping and grunting while lifting. You don’t have to break the bank for soundproofing your gym room, some soundproofing material and floor mats will do the trick.
So don’t worry about budget and get some soundproofing as it is essential for a home gym.
Don’t Go Overboard
When making a gym at home, sometimes, we tend to go overboard with spending a lot. To be honest you don’t need a lot of equipment, and you definitely don’t need that extremely expensive treadmill.
You can put up a squat rack, bench press, and dumbbell rack by yourself and buy some weights to fill them up.
You can get a full body workout done with very little. So don’t spend lavishly when it comes to building your gym room. You can slowly build up your gym with time and can DIY build some of the pieces of equipment yourself.
Do I Need a Home Gym Even if I Love Going to the Public Gym?
Well, let’s face it, a lot of us love going to the gym for various other reasons other than working out. Some people just love to be around other people to show off their new gains and some love to chit-chat and socialize in the gym.
If you are one of them a home gym will still help you a lot.
If you are serious about lifting and carving your body to perfection, then a gym at home makes total sense. You can do light workouts and work out during off days at your home gym and do the heavy lifting at the public gym.
Also, a home gym means you can access it whenever you want.
For some reason if you cannot make it to the public gym you can just workout at home and not miss a day! To conclude, these are some of the things that you should keep in mind whilst making a gym at home.
As stated earlier don’t break the bank in an effort to build the perfect gym at home. Heck, you can even buy a pair of dumbbells and a bench to start off.
We hope you enjoyed this article, and if you did make sure to share it with your buff buddies!