Apart from its awesome taste, Bulletproof Coffee makes you energized and focused; enabling you to transform your diet and physique, without having to sacrifice chang your routine too much at all!
Bulletproof Coffee is a mix of upgraded black coffee, which is blended with “Brain Octane Oil” and grass fed butter. This, official recipe, was made by David Asprey, and first appeared in 2009 on his blog. The result of drinking Bulletproof Coffee is significantly enhanced weight loss and improved cognitive performance.
Bulletproof coffee provides you with an amazing blend of energy and nutrients, which does not impact your blood sugar or insulin levels at all!
For these reasons, Bulletproof Coffee has become a choice for many entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, and sports people.
After a trip to Tibet, David Asprey developed this recipe after tasting Yak-butter tea drinks. David experimented with buttered drink recipes and later published the result of his experiment on his blog in 2009.
About The Ingredients in Bulletproof Coffee
The selection of the bulletproof coffee ingredients was a result of research conducted to determine the health effects of each part. The combination of the ingredients is what really builds the effectiveness of this drink!
Upgraded Coffee Beans
One of his greatest concerns in designing the Upgraded Coffee was contamination from mold toxins. Based on a study that was carried out on 60 coffee beans; it was observed that 91% of them had been contaminated by mycotoxins. Other observations that led to the design of Upgraded coffee include:
- A discovery from the results of studies which revealed 52% contamination in green coffee
- A discovery that 50% of brewed coffee also contains mycotoxins
- The US standard on mycotoxin contaminated coffee is laxer when compared to the European Union
- The level of contamination of coffee beans vary depending on the extent to which they were processed
- It was discovered that Upgraded Coffee contains high quality Arabica beans, and these beans are less prone to mold. Based on a special method, Upgraded Coffee beans are produced to minimize mycotoxin contamination, and are even tested for any mold contamination
Grass Fed Butter
The grass fed butter was selected because grass fed cows are much healthier than the grain fed cows, and their good state of health reflects in the butter they produce.
- They possess higher amounts of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E than grain fed cows, they also have higher levels of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Grass fed butter has a rich sunny yellow color, while the grain fed butter is almost white.
- Grass fed butter is loaded with nutrients.
Brain Octane Oil
The Brain Octane Oil is actually a purified form of Medium Chain Triglyceride oil, MCT has carbon tails that comes in different lengths ranging from C-6 to C-12 and the shorter the tail, the faster it will take your body to absorb MCT and also convert it to ketone; ketones are small molecules that can fuel your brain rather than glucose. Brain Octane Oil is able to provide energy faster and without any crash
Bulletproof Coffee Ingredients
When preparing a bulletproof coffee, you can make use of the ingredients listed below:
- 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane which is 18 times stronger than the coconut oil and it has no flavor
- A minimum of 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1-2 cups of hot coffee which is brewed with low toxin beans such as bulletproof upgraded coffee
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 oz.) of coffee, make use of filtered water that is just off the boil, with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons off freshly ground bulletproof Coffee beans.
- After, add 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane to your hot coffee (note that it is strong, so you can start with 1 tablespoon and work up over several days ahead)
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of grass fed unsalted butter
- Blend them all for 20 to 30 seconds until it looks frothy
Creating Your Own
You can enjoy your own version of “Bulletproof Coffee” with a few simple ingredients! The most important consideration when choosing ingredients is to find the most organic, and fresh butter and coffee beans. This was a priority for the original creator and should be for you too! Coffee itself holds numerous benefits, and butter is one of the best sources of natural Conjugate Linoleic Acid (CLA) that can be found.
Organic, heavy cream can also be used, again maintaining quality as the most important factor. Heavy whipping-cream has many healthy dietary fats, and is a great addition to your Bulletproof Coffee Recipe!
Regardless, none of the ingredients used should cause an effect on your blood sugar and insulin levels! By providing your body with useable and effective energy, and not relying on carbohydrates of any form, your body is provoked into a fat burning state that is also beneficial to your mind and body health!