The days are gone when dieters used to search for the latest weight loss wonder drug. Chemical cures are out, and natural ingredients that are kinder to the body and less likely to cause side effects are becoming the preferred choice of many people who wish to lose weight.
Most natural fat burners work by boosting the basal metabolic rate, some cause the body to lose calories as heat (thermogenic fat burning), and there are even those that do both.
The 9 Best Natural Fat Burners
Chili peppers, green tea, and coffee are great natural fat burners, and all three are so renowned for their metabolism-boosting abilities that concentrated extracts are often added to weight loss products (such as PhenQ). So, along with those, let’s take a look at some of the best natural fat burning options available, along with their pros and cons.
Caffeine is a stimulant that’s naturally-occurring in many types of, coffee, guarana berries, and kola nut. It’s great for banishing tiredness and putting a little extra pep into the day.
Caffeine is a proven fat burner that can help banish diet-related fatigue, but a minority of people do not tolerate stimulants well, so although caffeine is a natural ingredient, it is not suitable for all.
If you want to burn fat more efficiently, caffeine supplements are one of the most effective fat burner supplements you can use!
There are very few diet pills which work, and most of them contain caffeine.
Caffeine is the main ingredient in any fat burning pills or pre workout products on the market, and for good reason too! Fat burning supplements which contain caffeine can help you with your goals in many ways, and are certainly useful in any fat burning program!
Caffeine Has a Thermogenic Effect
One of the many benefits of caffeine is that is single-handedly boosts your metabolism, acts as a powerful thermogenic, and helps you to lose weight fast. Coffee and green tea boost your metabolism due to their caffeine content, and any normal fat burning pills will contain a considerable amount of caffeine.
Research shows caffeine boosts your metabolism and causes the body to burn calories at an accelerated rate, while also raising the core temperature of the body sufficiently to encourage thermogenic fat burning.
According to a study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“In conclusion caffeine/coffee stimulates the metabolic rate in both control and obese individuals; however, this is accompanied by greater oxidation of fat in normal weight subjects.”
For this reason, drinking coffee or green tea pre workout is a great idea!
100mg of caffeine can be considered a moderate amount of caffeine to be taken at one time, but up to 200mg can have positive effects as well. Higher dosages can considerably strain your heart, and are not recommended.
Caffeine Helps With Mobilizing Fat
Along with this, caffeine also can mobilize fat away from your body. The simple “calories in versus calories out” method of fat burning only works to a certain extent.
Especially for those people who are at a “plateau” and cannot bring their body fat any lower than they currently are, methods of mobilizing body fat need to be used.
Since there are not many true diet pills which work fast without exercise, it is important to use proven substances that will assist you with your fat burning goals!
Caffeine Can Increase Your Training Capacity and Help You Burn More Calories
Caffeine also can help you lose more body fat overall by enabling you to train more intensely, and become less fatigued during your training. Caffeine is the most widely used stimulant in the world, and clearly can stimulate people to train more frequently and more intensely.
According to a study published in Metabolism, Endurance and Performance,
“Caffeine is a common substance in the diets of most athletes and it is now appearing in many new products, including energy drinks, sport gels, alcoholic beverages and diet aids. It can be a powerful ergogenic aid at levels that are considerably lower than the acceptable limit of the International Olympic Committee and could be beneficial in training and in competition. Caffeine does not improve maximal oxygen capacity directly, but could permit the athlete to train at a greater power output and/or to train longer.”
Taking moderate amounts of caffeine before training is an excellent way to “wake up” your body, and focus in on your goals for the day.
Along with this, caffeine has been proven to reduce fatigue which onsets during and after training.
Caffeine consumption will allow you to train for longer periods of time, and with more intensity overall. Therefore, you will certainly be able to burn more calories, and burn more fat overall.
Additional Reading: Coffee vs Pre Workout
3.) Green Tea
As stated in a study produced in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,
“Green tea has thermogenic properties and promotes fat oxidation beyond that explained by its caffeine content.”
Fat burning is but one of numerous health benefits that are attributed to green tea and, whereas studies in some areas, such as cancer prevention, are ongoing, there is already a large body of evidence that proves green tea is one of the best fat burners in existence.
Although green tea contains a tiny amount of caffeine, research shows it’s fat burning capabilities are actually attributable to the catechins (antioxidants) and polyphenols it provides.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Obesity,
“Catechins or an epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)–caffeine mixture have a small positive effect on weight loss and weight management. The results suggest that habitual caffeine intake and ethnicity may be moderators, as they may influence the effect of catechins.”
These have the ability to boost metabolism and initiate the thermogenic fat burning process for up to 24 hours.
You can drink green tea before a workout to burn even more calories!
If you’d like to purchase a powerful green tea supplement for fat burning, I suggest:
- METABOLISM SUPPORT. Green tea has been used for centuries in Asian cultures to encourage a healthy metabolism and is finally gaining popularity in the Western world. Today, millions of people incorporate green tea into their healthy lifestyles.
- SUPER ANTIOXIDANT & FREE RADICAL SCAVENGER. Zhou’s Green Tea Extract contains polyphenol catechins and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) to help support healthy cells in your body, support healthy fat oxidation, and support your immune system.
- BRAIN FUNCTION. The combination of caffeine and L-theanine in our Green Tea Extract has synergistic effects to help support brain function, including mood and vigilance. Who couldn’t benefit from a boost in brain function?
- GENTLE ENERGY. No jitters! Many have described the energy from green tea as “stable” and “steady.” You’ll get gentle energy that lasts throughout the day without the imminent crash you can experience with other high-caffeine products and supplements.
- WHAT SETS US APART? At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in an FDA certified facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you’re fueling your body with the very best.
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a fatty acid that is beneficial for the health in a number of ways and is also one of the few natural ingredients that encourages accelerated fat burning while also providing improvements to existing muscle mass.
This is a winning combination because, although all body tissue requires a certain amount of calories per day, science shows each gram of muscle burns 13 kcal per day and the same weight in fat only burns 4.5 kcal per day.
As stated by a study published in Lipids,
“The effects of CLA on body composition appear to be due in part to reduced fat deposition and increased lipolysis in adipocytes, possibly coupled with enhanced fatty acid oxidation in both muscle cells and adipocytes.”
Natural sources of CLA include beef, dairy products, and some vegetable oils. The CLA used in supplements is generally sourced from safflower oil.
If you would like to purchase a CLA supplement, I suggest:
- Delivering 95% active CLA per liquid softgel
- Derived from non-GMO safflower oil
- Non-stimulating formula, no jittery side effects
- 3rd-party tested to ensure outstanding quality
- 90-day satisfaction guarantee^
Chromium is a mineral that is found in broccoli, grapes, and beef. It serves many roles in the body and one of the things it does is help modulate insulin levels and prevent the blood sugar crashes that can trigger cravings for food that are high in starch and sugar.
Chromium also has a long-standing reputation as a fat burner and the data obtained from clinical trials reveals people who take chromium supplements in association with weight training or other forms of resistance exercise can burn fat faster while also enhancing their ability to improve muscle mass.
According to a study published in Nutrition Reviews,
“In addition to its effects on glucose, insulin, and lipid metabolism, chromium has been reported to increase lean body mass and decrease percentage body fat, which may lead to weight loss in humans. The effects of chromium on body composition are controversial but are supported by animal studies, which increase their validity.”
If you’d like to purchase a chromium supplement, I suggest:
- Blood Sugar: Supports already normal blood sugar levels*
- Carb Cravings: Helps decrease carbohydrate cravings*
- Weight Management: An effective component of a weight management regimen*
- Free From: Every Thorne product is made with the purest possible ingredients – without gluten or other major allergens (eggs, tree nuts, peanuts). This product also contains no dairy, soy, yeast, fish, or shellfish.
Probiotics are all the rage these days. The chilled section in most supermarkets offers numerous probiotic drink, and yogurt options and probiotic diet pills are also on the rise.
This form of gut-friendly bacteria is known to offer many health benefits, and increasing probiotic bacteria levels has been shown to be a good way to get a sluggish metabolism back on track.
Probiotic bacteria also stimulates the secretion of the bile acids that help the body to break down fats. However, although probiotics can provide startling benefits for the majority of people, they are unsuitable for anyone whose immune system has been weakened by illness or medications.
If you would like to try a probiotic supplement, I suggest you use a vegan probiotic supplement such as:
- 16 BILLION CFU PER SERVING, 6 PROBIOTIC STRAINS: We use strains selected for their well studied health benefits. Strains include Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Reuteri, Bifodobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum.
- ORGANIC & VEGAN PROBIOTICS WITH PREBIOTICS: Our premium quality, vegan probiotic supplement blend is developed in plant-based cultures. Additionally, this product is, as always, certified made with organic, free of gluten, dairy, GMOs, and soy.
- ORGANIC PREBIOTICS INCLUDED: Prebiotics are what fuels probiotics. As such, our powder includes prebiotic fiber from organic Jerusalem artichoke and organic tapioca.
- GREAT FOR SENSITIVE STOMACHS: Don’t take our word for it. Trust your gut and our already satisfied customers who say things like: “Hands down the best probiotic available. I deal with stomach issues daily, and this is the only probiotic that has reduced my issues substantially. These are worth every penny.”
- COMPACT AND ROAD READY: Our probiotics come in easy-to-swallow vegan pullulan capsules, which ensure acid-resistance and survival in your gut. They are also freeze dried to keep them active without refrigeration, (similar to how it is done with active dry yeast used in baking) making them easy to transport and travel with.
6.) Green Coffee Bean Extract
Although green coffee bean extract is a source of caffeine, its potency in this regard is rather poor. Its ability to boost the metabolism and provide thermogenic fat burning is due to its naturally high levels of chlorogenic acid.
This is purged from roasted coffee beans because it does not respond well to heat. Chlorogenic acid also has a balancing effect on insulin levels that is similar to that of chromium but is not quite so pronounced.
As stated by a study published in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine,
“It was found that 0.5% and 1% GCBE (Green Coffee Bean Extract) reduced visceral fat content and body weight. Caffeine and chlorogenic acid showed a tendency to reduce visceral fat and body weight. Oral administration of GCBE (100 and 200 mg/kg· day) for 13 days showed a tendency to reduce hepatic TG (triglycerides) in mice.”
In my opinion, the best green coffee bean extract supplement is:
- NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT: Green Coffee Bean Extract is naturally high in chlorogenic acids, which are thought to act as a natural metabolism booster and fat burner for women and men.
- SUPPORTED BY RESEARCH: Trademarked active ingredient GCA (Green Coffee Antioxidant) has been successfully used in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study to support healthy weight management.
- #1 BESTSELLER: NatureWise is the leading brand of Green Coffee Bean Extract for Weight Loss, with thousands of satisfied customers.
- DECAFFEINATED: Green Coffee Bean Extract pills contain about the same amount of caffeine as one cup of decaf coffee, for powerful benefits without the jitters.
- PURE & NATURAL: NatureWise Green Coffee Bean Extract 800 is doctor formulated and third party tested for purity and potency. It is non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and contains zero artificial ingredients.
L-Carnitine is an amino acid and, like any other amino acid, it has muscle building capabilities. L-Carnitine also provides invigoration by helping the body to extract energy from food.
Its value as a fat burner stems from its ability to help transport fatty acids and push them into the mitochondria to be burned and used as fuel.
As stated by a study published in Nutrition Journal,
“Intravenous L-carnitine can ameliorate fasting-induced hunger, fatigue, cholesterol abnormalities and hepatic metabolic changes and facilitate fasting-induced weight loss in Metabolic Syndrome patients.”
In my opinion, the best L-carnitine supplement is:
- 500MG L-CARNITINE PER SERVING –
- HELP BURN BODY FAT – aids in transporting fat in the body for oxidation*
- GOOD SOURCE OF CALCIUM– essential mineral that support the role of numerous bodily functions*
- SINGLE-TABLET DOSAGE – consume 1 tablet twice daily before meals
- AVAILABLE IN 60ct BOTTLES
8.) Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia cambogia is a fruity fat burner that hails from tropical climes. The rind of garcinia cambogia provides a metabolism boosting compound called hydroxycitric acid (HCA) that is also respected for its ability to dull the appetite and discourage the body from creating fresh stores of fat.
Unfortunately, good results require a minimum potency of 60% HCA, and experts state lesser amounts are unlikely to work. So, if your garcinia cambogia product is 60% or more, you are onto a winner.
If it’s not, or, as is often the case, the HCA level is not stated, it’s probably a good idea to turn and walk away.
An effective weight loss combination is garcinia cambogia and apple cider vinegar.
In my opinion, the best garcinia cambogia supplement is:
- MAXIMUM RESULTS GUARANTEED: The ONLY 100% Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract in the market (highest potency available) to help you BURN FAT and shed weight fast. Lose weight or your money back!*
- #1 MOST EFFECTIVE FAT BURNER: This premium Garcinia Cambogia Pure Extract offers 3X MORE per serving. More per serving means less hassle for you! Unlike other brands, you only need to take 2 times a day to lose belly fat and shrink your waist line.*
- 100% PURE, ALL-NATURAL & SAFE: Endorsed by doctors on TV, this all-natural Garcinia Cambogia weight loss supplement contains pure Garcinia Cambogia HCA from non-GMO garcinia cambogia raw fruit. FREE of gluten, binders, fillers & artificial synthetic ingredients such as calcium, chromium and potassium – to help you experience RAPID weight loss without any side effects!*
- POWERFUL APPETITE SUPPRESSANT: NutriRise Pure Garcinia Cambogia Supplement is a clinically-proven appetite suppressant and metabolism booster. These Garcinia Cambogia capsules will curb cravings, block carbohydrates and burn fat reserves by converting food into energy instead.*
- MADE IN USA: Each and every batch of NutriRise Garcinia Cambogia pills are proudly manufactured in the United States. Third-Party Certified for Safety & Quality Assurance.*
9.) Cayenne Pepper
A pepper extract that’s a red-hot fat burner and an appetite suppressant too. Like many of the best natural fat burners, cayenne is a metabolism booster and a thermogenic fat burner as well.
Research reveals its ability to do both these things is due to the presence of a compound called capsaicin.
This is the compound that provides the fruit with its heat and its also what affords cayenne with its powerful hunger-fighting capabilities.
According to a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition,
“Fat oxidation after weight maintenance was higher in the capsaicin group compared with placebo . These results indicate that capsaicin treatment caused sustained fat oxidation during weight maintenance compared with placebo.”
If you’d like to try a cayenne pepper supplement, I suggest:
- PURE CAYENNE PEPPER CAPSULES Increase Blood Circulation and Support Healthy Digestion & Weight Loss.*
- NO STEARATES OR RICE FILLERS Unlike our Competition, We Don’t Use Fillers. (Seriously, check out their labels.)
- 365 CAPSULES: 4 Month Supply. 2X More Than Other Top Sellers. 530 mg/Serving.
- MADE IN THE USA by a Bunch of Health Fanatics in Utah.
- LOVE IT OR IT’S FREE! We offer a HASSLE-FREE, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Buy & Try with confidence.
The Best Natural Fat Burning Supplement
These are all great natural fat burners, but you might find it hard to take all of them separately each day. Likewise, it might get expensive.
If you would like to try a natural fat burning supplement which contains a few of them, I suggest you try RSP Nutrition AminoLean (the vegan formula). I have used AminoLean for years, and I have loved the product even more since they recently developed the “vegan” option.
AminoLean contains natural fat burning ingredients including:
- Green Tea Extract + Caffeine
- Green Coffee Extract
AminoLean also contains BCAAs and other amino acids which help with increasing your metabolism as well. I am confident you will see the same results from using it that I have!
- ALL NATURAL ANYTIME ENERGY - 130mg Energy & Focus blend made from fermented tea leaves, guarana and organic matcha to support energy levels, focus, and alertness.*
- VEGAN BCAAs + EAAs - Comprehensive blend of vegan aminos to boost performance and support muscle development and repair.*
- NATURAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT - CLA, Carnitine, Green Tea Extract, and Green Coffee Extract promote clean, healthy weight management.*
- VERSATILE & CONVENIENT - Use Natural AminoLean as a pre workout, morning coffee replacement, or post workout recovery supplement.
- CLEAN ACTIVE NUTRITION - Zero Calories, Zero Sugar, Vegan Friendly, All Natural, Nothing Artificial
Concluding Thoughts – The Best Natural Fat Burners
Fat burners and fat burning supplements are great for helping people breakthrough plateaus and lose weight when diet and exercise alone are not working. However, you should not begin a weight loss program with them.
If you try to lose weight with only fat burners, your body will quickly adapt and you will not get much effect from them. However, for those people who have already began a proper workout routine and improved their diet, fat burning supplements can make a significant difference!