It seems that this is being posted all over the internet these days.
Getting in shape is no longer as simple as people used to think it was. When you hear someone say that abs are made in the kitchen, it is 100% true!
Abs most definitely are made in the kitchen, there’s no doubt about it. When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s the 80/20 rule.
80% of your results are made in the kitchen, 20% of your results are made in the gym.
Now, don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t mean that you can stop exercising entirely, because that’s a big piece of the pie. However, if you’re stuck and not losing any weight, the first place that you should look is at your diet.
You can go to the gym for 6 hours a day, but if you’re still consuming more calories than you burn, it’s not going to matter.
Take a look at these tips below to help you lose weight fast and efficiently!
To Get Abs, You Need to Eat Healthy!
Now, let’s say that you’re keeping a close eye on the amount of calories that you take in, you’re in a calorie deficit, but you’re still not getting the results that you want. What next? You need to take a look at the actual food that you’re eating.
If what you’re eating consists primarily of foods that are unhealthy, process, low in nutritional value foods, then you’re not going to see optimal results.
This is where the 80/20 rule applies once again.
80% of what you eat should be healthy foods, while you can use the other 20% to indulge a little bit.
Foods to Fight Fat
Losing weight and keeping it off is no small task. Everyone knows this, otherwise we would all be fit and toned. However, there are some great dieting tips that can help you get there.
Some of them are to eat enough protein, fiver, fats, and healthy carbohydrates.
There are also some healthy recipes that are super low in calories, and great for people trying to lose weight. These recipes are:
Feta Cheese and Broccoli Omelet on Wheat:
This is a great, and easy breakfast recipe to make.
It’s quick, only takes 15-20 minutes, and will keep you satisfied throughout your morning.
You get plenty of fiber from the broccoli, protein from the eggs, fats from the cheese, and healthy carbs from the whole wheat bread. Overall a very well-rounded meal.
Chocolate Dipped Bananas
This has got to be one of the easiest deserts on the planet to make.
And, it’s healthy!
All you need is a knife to cut the banana, some chocolate, and a microwave. As well as the vitamins and minerals that you get from the banana, the chocolate ads a nice source of healthy fats as well.
See Also: Cocoa vs Chocolate
Banana and Almond Butter Toast:
This simple, and easy to make breakfast contains three of the best morning foods to eat.
The bananas and whole wheat bread contain healthy carbs, vitamins, and minerals that will help keep you full.
While the almond butter has all the healthy fats and protein to keep you energized. Definitely a good choice if you want to stay full all the way till lunch.
Read More: Are Bananas Bad for You?
Steamed Vegetables with Grilled Chicken Breast:
Did you know, that by eating certain foods you can burn an extra 300 calories per day?
Yes, it’s true.
By eating vegetables, it’s possible to burn an extra 300 calories per day.
This is because of the amount of energy your body uses to digest the fiber in the vegetables. So not only do you get the health benefits of eating vegetables, but they’re perfect for weight loss.
The chicken is added for the protein.
Misconceptions About Building Perfect Abs
More often than not, people tend to think that they’re eating healthy, when in reality they’re not.
It’s important that we stay on track, and be honest with ourselves.
In fact, I’d be willing to bet that you can think of at least one thing that you’ve eaten recently that you know was a bad decision.
Am I right?
I know I am. It’s always that one snack that keeps tripping you up on your diet, your weakness.
Now, you may be thinking, “one snack isn’t going to set me back that much”. It certainly will. That extra 150-300 calories every day adds up quickly.
Be honest with yourself about your diet. If you have that “weakness” in your house right now, throw in in the garbage. And don’t buy more of it!
Your progress, and your abs will be determined by what is in your kitchen.
Keep it clean.
At least 80% of what you eat should be clean foods. You get out what you put in, I’m sure you’ve heard that saying before. Give your body what it needs, and you won’t be disappointed!