Mascarpone is a traditional type of Italian cheese that has been made near Milan for centuries.
Its mild flavor and soft texture make it ideal for a variety of sweet and savory dishes, and the cheese is frequently found in classic Italian meals or modern cuisine.
Traditional mascarpone is made from nothing but whole cream and citric or tartaric acid, so it is full of protein and does not contain many chemicals. You can try out delicious mascarpone with one of these great healthy recipes.
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cup mascarpone
- 1 ¾ cup whipping cream
- 14 ounces lady fingers
- 1 Cup of Espresso
- ½ cup coffee liqueur
- 1 Ounce of Cocoa
- In a small heatproof bowl, combine yolks and sugar. Place bowl over simmering water and cook for 10 minutes, stirring nonstop.
- Whip the yolk mixture until thick and then fold in mascarpone.
- Whip cream and fold into the mascarpone and eggs.
- Soak ladyfingers in mixture of espresso and liquor.
- Layer half the ladyfingers in a dish, top with half the mascarpone mixture, and then repeat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with cocoa before serving.
Lemon and Mascarpone Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs of your choice (pasta, basil, or oregano suggested)
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix together all other ingredients while cooking pasta.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta in a large bowl with cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Add in pasta water if the sauce looks dry.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a double boiler to melt chocolate and butter, stirring continuously until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Beat three of the eggs with one cup of the sugar until fluffy.
- Add in chocolate mixture. And vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, and then gradually add it to chocolate and egg mixture.
- Mix together remaining eggs, sugar, and mascarpone until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a pan and then pour mascarpone mixture over the chocolate.
- Bake for 35 minutes until set.
Berry Berry Mascarpone Salad
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 6 ounces Blueberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Clean all berries and slice strawberries into thin slices.
- Whip the whipping cream in a mixer, add in the sugar, mascarpone, and vanilla, and whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Fold the cream mixture into the berry mixture and serve immediately.
Mascarpone Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan
- 2 ½ tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 5 ounces mascarpone
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems and set aside.
- Cook sausage in olive oil until browned and crumbled, about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped stems and garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Fill mushrooms with mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumble pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- An hour before beginning, remove the cheese from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a mixture to beat together all ingredients besides eggs until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Fill a large pan with an inch of water.
- Pour mixture into crust, and place the dish containing the crust into the pan of water.
- Bake for 50 minutes until set.
- Cool on the counter for an hour, and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Learn More: The Top 3 Fitness Cake Recipes
Mascarpone French Toast
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar plus 2 tbsp.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 slices of brioche or French bread
- 1 ½ cups mascarpone
- 2 tbsp butter
- Combine milk, ¼ cup sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Mix together mascarpone and remaining sugar.
- Heat butter in nonstick pan over medium heat
- Make four sandwiches with the bread and mascarpone mixture.
- Dip each side of the sandwiches in the egg mixture and then place in pan.
- Cook about four minutes on each side until browned.
Conclusion – Recipes That Use Mascarpone as the Key Ingredient!
As you can see, mascarpone is a very versatile ingredient. Its subtle sweetness is perfect for desserts, or you it can be used to complement strong meats and vegetables in savory meals.
What’s your favorite way to cook with mascarpone?
Additional Reading: Most Popular Cake Trends