Summer is the time of the year when most people want their body to work the best, but winter is the time of year when you need to earn the look you want!
Many people take the winter months to substantially bulk up, in hopes of having much more muscle when the next summer comes around.
These 3 tips will help you build muscle, but keep your body lean and closer to the summer body you have always wanted!
- Don’t Bulk Too Much! Bulking is a great process for the body and can help you build muscle easier, lose weight faster in the long run, and normalize your metabolism over time. However, a lot of people take this over board!
- Bulking should not mean that you have a free ticket to eat whatever you want, whenever you want; and it doesn’t mean you should be gaining an enormous amount of weight!
- Treat your bulk as you treat your normal eating habits, but simply add in a few hundred extra calories per day. You will gain some body fat during the process, but you will get much better results this way!
- Perform Circuit Training or High Intensity Interval Training Often: Circuit training and HIIT is great for helping you to build muscle, while limiting fat gain at the same time. These types of training are great for cutting fat off, but just as great for bulking up!
- CrossFit has revolutionized the concept of HIIT, but it is not the only option for this training style.
- German Volume Training is a well-known interval training option for people looking to put on loads of muscle, without loads of fat. Look at this and other HIIT and circuit training options during your next bulking cycle!
- Track Your Body Fat While You Bulk: Many people give up tracking their body fat while bulking, and simply look at a weight scale if anything at all. This can be very misrepresentative of your training efficacy, however.
- The mirror is usually a great gauge of how well your training cycle is going as well, and if you start to look too much different in your mens underwear every morning you should slow down how much you are eating!
- Tracking your body fat is also helpful so you know whether you need to add in more HIIT or circuit training to your routine. You never want to rely on steady-state aerobic cardio while bulking, but adding in some circuit or interval training can be the perfect solution!
No one should be afraid to go through a well-planned bulking cycle, especially since it can have great effects on your metabolism and physique over time. Use these tips to make your next winter bulk more successful than ever!